Trip report - CV 2/10
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
wgo
February 12, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Was at CV this past saturday. This was my first time skiing at CV resort - for my prior trips to the valley I had always gone to timberline. I left Charlottesville at 6:00, got to the resort by 9:15, skied until 4:30. Conditions were pretty prime. Managed to find some untracked in the woods, and I really enjoyed the run that goes underneath the "C" lift - I bet that getting some untracked on that sucker after a heavy snowfall would be pretty sweet. There were not any long mogul runs, but part of Valley Vista was bumped up - the bumped up section was long enough that you could at least get something of a rythym going for a short while.

My only real complaint was constant stopping of the lift. they only had one lift running, and while the crowds were not bad, the lift would basically stop 4-5 times per ride.

All in all a really good day. Hopefully I can time my next trip to be the day after a big snow, rather than 3 days after.
Redman
February 12, 2007
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
106 posts
The reason for the lift stopping so many times was because the pickers migrate off the "B" hill and want to ride down Timber. Happens all the time anywhere you go!
wgo
February 12, 2007
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
No doubt. I guess it all has to do with the % of beginners present in the line. Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining too much - I definitely had my fill of skiing by the end of the day.

Also, sorry I missed you on Sat!
Redman
February 12, 2007
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
106 posts
Its all good. Rode T-line on Fri and CV on Sat and Sun. Mountain Ops at CV decided to groom everywhere they could fit a groomer Sat nite...probably in anticipation of the big one. Left a little early on Sun afternoon to get home to feed the class turtle. At least there are still 7 weeks left to the season.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.