Big Dump Monday-Wednesday?
17 posts
13 users
3k+ views
thunderingskier
February 11, 2007
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
12 posts
The weather channel and the local news in WV are reporting Monday - Tuesday that the WV mountains may be getting a huge storm!! then more cold air after that!! This ski season is really shaping up!
appskiah
February 12, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
unfortunately, it looks like we'll have go further north to find the big snows. hopefully central PA areas around Blue Knob will hold up and get some good snow
TravisR
February 12, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
It is raining and 37 here in southwest virginia right now.....got a few turns in on my hill this morning....but RAIN is a KILLER!

Hope that at least you guys further north and east get at least something frozen.
bktim
February 13, 2007
Member since 06/14/2006 🔗
32 posts
We received about 3 inches of snow already today at Blue Knob. It should continue snowing, heavy at times, until Wednesday afternoon. We hope to get a foot of snow before the storm ends.
Ski Good or Eat Wood
BK Tim
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
bawalker
February 13, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Conditions are deterorating here in Hardy Co (getting slightly warmer with more rain). There was about an inch of snow at the house and it was heavy, moist, sticky snow and nothing was sticking on the roads except on Corridor H where I couldn't go over 45-50mph mostly. However here now in Moorefield it's around 36-37* with no precip. Looks like everything just decided to go far north with temps staying way too high here.
Murphy
February 13, 2007
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Snowshoe had a couple of inches this morning and then it turned to sleet about the time the ropes dropped. It was rain shortly after that. By 3pm it 23 degrees and pouring rain. I almost fell once getting off the lift because my pants were frozen to the chair. The snow held up for a while but a crust was definitely forming. I heard they had to shut down the Ballhooter but I was at Silver Creek so I can't say for sure. Just arrived back home in Blacksburg and there's already a quarter inch of ice on everything and it's still coming down. I'm putting the odds of losing power at about 50/50.
Roger Z
February 13, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
I panned around Weather.com tonight, and it looks like Denton- great hill where you used to be able to get 60 cent beers- will come out the winner of this. Up to 2 feet of snow is slated to fall with significant drifting.

We got 3.5 inches of snow or so out here. Gonna try to do a little X-C tomorrow after work. The high is supposed to be 17-20 and cloudy so nothing should melt for a couple days yet.

Thank goodness it's gonna warm up next week out here. My heating bills are astronomical and I'll be in NM skiing anyway, so it should be a good week to start lowering the heating bills!
SkiBumMSP
February 13, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
It is icing up here in Fredericksburg as well! Yup, it seems the real brunt of this thing is north (should be sweet conditions when I head up to Scranton this weeekend to lay down some turns on Elk and Montage). I got a text message on my cell phone from "KG Alert" saying that the roads were getting icy with multiple accidents. Thank the Good Lord above that I left work when I did before it started to get nasty. I just had to run to the mall which is right across the street from where I live. That corner at the stop sign right in front of my house was getting dicey - trid to turn right and the car didn't seem to want to listen Should've grabbed a bag of "ice-melt" as I nearly busted my ass on my front steps. Going to work tommorrow may be an interesting prospect.

Really sucks, actually, as I was hoping to see a real, honost to God snow dump.
MountSnow
February 14, 2007
Member since 12/9/2006 🔗
8 posts
Hey everyone, Chris at Mount Snow here. Hope it's cool that I add my 2 cents to the thread. We've got 5-6 inches at the base and Patrol says probably an inch or two more than that at the summit. Forecasts are saying another 13-19" through the day and 4-6" more overnight. Straight up powder so far. Impossible to make a snowball. We're trying out some odd measuring tools on our homepage.
SCWVA
February 14, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Hey Chris,

I hope it stays all snow. Some of the resorts weren't so lucky down here.

I checked a few reports this am

CV & Tline - 1-2",
7 Springs - 5" snow, 3" sleet
Whitetail - 4-6" Snow & Sleet
Roundtop - 5"
Wisp - 5"
Snowshoe - 0", Nothing but freezing rain.
Blue Knob - 14", they finally updated their report.

All the resorts are expecting more snow today.
bktim
February 14, 2007
32 posts
Sorry about the late update. It took me a while to get to work this morning. We got our foot of snow. The skiing at Blue Knob should be great this weekend.
Ski Good or Eat Wood
BK Tim
bktim
February 14, 2007
32 posts
Hi Chris,
I put 14 inches of new snow on the website this morning. It more like 12". I got to work and didn't have a ski report yet so I took a educated guess. I got the ski report and it said 12". I was close. Sorry again for the late update.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BKTim
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 14, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Quote:

We got our foot of snow. The skiing at Blue Knob should be great this weekend.
Ski Good or Eat Wood
BK Tim

Youza! Thanks for the updates BKTIM. I'm BK bound 2/17 and 18.
skier219
February 14, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

Hey everyone, Chris at Mount Snow here. Hope it's cool that I add my 2 cents to the thread. We've got 5-6 inches at the base and Patrol says probably an inch or two more than that at the summit. Forecasts are saying another 13-19" through the day and 4-6" more overnight. Straight up powder so far. Impossible to make a snowball. We're trying out some odd measuring tools on our homepage.

Glad to see the report Chris -- I used to ski Mt. Snow a lot in college and hope to get back up there for a trip sometime. Lots of good memories there.
MountSnow
February 14, 2007
Member since 12/9/2006 🔗
8 posts
15-18 inches around the mountain by last chair today. Reports say the storm has stalled over us. We're looking at up to three feet before the storm ends tomorrow. Ski Patrol opened everything today, including all 9 glades. I've never seen them smile so much.

Chris Lenois
Mount Snow
Craig
February 14, 2007
Member since 01/24/2007 🔗
22 posts
Hello BKTim. You're the website man for Blue Knob?

The trail map on the conditions page never works for me in Firefox. The problem is the URLs for the map segments read as:
http://www.blueknob.com/images%5Cbksr_map1.gif

Where the "%5C" is a character code for "/". This confuses some browsers and they can't load the images.

Could you change them to:
http://www.blueknob.com/images/bksr_map1.gif
http://www.blueknob.com/images/bksr_map2.gif
http://www.blueknob.com/images/bksr_map3.gif

Thanks!

Any chance the three major glades will be declared open this season with all the snow you're getting? (East Wall, Bone Yard, Mine Shaft)
bktim
February 15, 2007
32 posts
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the advice. I just update the website. I copied your post and sent it to our tech guy. Thanks again for the heads up.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BK Tim

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?