t-line and the next few weeks
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
kwillg6
January 29, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
After being up at t-line this past weekend, I found the skiing some of the best. They are working on getting twister open, but a mile and half of intermediate takes a lot of time and snow. They should have lower thunder open for the next weekend, and they are blowing on upper dew. We may see OTW open as well. I expect that once they get those open, the next will be upper thunder and then just maintain what they have. Upper SS was very good and was starting to bump up, but will need new natural to keep the troughs from seeing dirt. Saturday afternoon was a "drop" day. The bumps softened up and it was better than it has been for years. It appears that it will remain a bump run this year, but by saying so may mean they may groom it flat. Let's hope not.
skiTLINE
January 29, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Kim, looking at the weather there i cant remember the last time I saw chances of snow everday for "weeks". This is really shaping up to be a good Feb and GREAT Mar for skiing.

I seriously wonder if there is any chance they would extend there closing date by a week or 2??????

Maybe work with a thin staff.....
kwillg6
January 29, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Todd, It never hurts to pursue a dream. When they close, it's for the economic issues, not because of lack of snow cover. Next time you're in the lodge, find Doc and ask him, or write a letter to him. If enough folks would..... Otherwise it's snowshoe.
skiTLINE
January 29, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
ORRRRRRRRRR

we could get snowmobiles and alternate turns driving eachother to the top

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.