Here is a hidden route that no one knows of when going to TLine from the south...
- Take I-64 west from Richmond to I-81.
- Take I-81 north to the Broadway/Timberville Exit. Look for Rt 259.
- Take Rt. 259 through Broadway, VA and continue onward towards Mathias, WV. It's all wide 2 lane road, flat, no mountains. Approximately 24 miles / 30 min.
- Continue onward towards Baker, WV, 14 miles past Mathias. 14 Minutes tops.
- Take a Right at the intersection following the Rt 55 signs.
- Drive 1/4 of mile and get on Corridor-H and head onward to Moorefield and go to CV.
Total mileage from Richmond to Baker, WV: 180.7mi
Total driving time from Richmond to Baker, WV: 3hr 34min
The other alternative would be:
- Take I-95 to Fredricksburg and get on US 17.
- Take US 17 to Warrenton.
- Continue on US 17 to I-66 and head towards Strasburg.
- Take Rt 55 to Wardensville and onto Baker.
Total Mileage from Richmond to Baker, WV: 170.0 mi
Total driving time from Richmond to Baker, WV: 3hr 45min
This is from Yahoo maps so I'm willing to bet that the driving times can be reduced 20-30 min each on both routes.
How about getting there from Richmond? I went once and took 64 to 81 to 33 to 32 (or soemthing like that). Would it be quicker to go up to NOVA and just cut west?