Mid-Week Storm?
5 posts
2 users
1k+ views
bawalker
December 16, 2003
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I've been out and about missing all forecasts of weather, but has anyone heard anything about a midweek storm this Wed-Thurs? So far I've heard mild warm rain showers upto freezing rain turning to snow.
(Anonymous)
December 17, 2003
Ths is from the NWS Pittsburgh forecast center, for Tucker County,:

Today. Snow showers likely. Accumulation 1 to 3 inches. Turning colder. Temperatures falling into the mid 20s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Tonight. Snow showers likely. Up to 2 inches of accumulation is possible. Brisk. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Thursday. Snow showers likely. Total accumulation. 3 to 8 inches. Windy. Highs in the upper 20s. West winds 15 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

(Anonymous)
December 17, 2003
It was a rain to rain/snow mix this morning at about 4:45 in Canaan. It had changed over to mostly snow by 5:30 and was all snow around 7. The temp at our house last night at about 7 pm was 45 so there wasn't any snowmaking going on. Hopefully we can pick up some more natural this week.
(Anonymous)
December 17, 2003
Allright darren its 222pm where is your noon report??We need play by play!Did it snow hard between 10am & noon?
(Anonymous)
December 18, 2003
Sorry Andy, I was 100 miles from Canaan at noon. We did get pretty steady snow for a lot of the day yesterday and last night though. Things look really good for nordic skiing this weekend and if Timberline and Canaan can get some more trails open the downhil skiing would be good too.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.