Timberline - snow report online ?
8 posts
5 users
4k+ views
SeaRide
December 12, 2006
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
I couldn't find the snow condition report / list of open trails online for Timberline (www.timberlineresort.com)

Anyone?
john84
December 12, 2006
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
ndskier
December 12, 2006
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
56 posts
while on the topic of the snow report, does anyone find it odd that they claim The Ceiling is open today? isn't that trail just a connecting green to Salamander/Off the Wall? Hope i'm not being too optimistic, but i read that as a sign of bigger and better terrain opening up soon .
of course, it could also just be a blatant screw up on the reporting....but i'll keep the glass half full
Clay
December 12, 2006
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I saw that this morning . Yesterday, there was mention in the snow report of Easy Does It and Fire Road tentatively opening today. There is no mention of it today, but I wonder if they did get Easy Does It open, and the updater missed it by a line.
Clay
December 13, 2006
555 posts
The number keeps creeping up. Currently showing as open:
Crossroads
Easy Does It
Fire Road
The Ceiling
Timberline
White Out
Woods Hole
Upper White Lightning

Yes, The Ceiling is still there - I actually pulled out a map and highlighted it (in Photoshop) to make sure that I wasn't being stupid (has been known to happen )).

So is that really seven trails open? I don't know - they show Upper Silver Streak as closed...

Either way, let's hope they continue the rollout of trails.

Clay
bawalker
December 13, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Timberline trail? Where is that at?

And I've yet to see how The Ceiling can be open unless The Drop or Salamander is open to get to the bottom.
Clay
December 13, 2006
555 posts
Timberline trail is the trail between the two lifts at mid-station. I don't know why it doesn't appear on the new maps - it did on the old. I've stuck one here in case you want to look and your not a pack rat like me

Clay
bawalker
December 14, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Hrm, I always thought that was part of Winterset Spurr? There is the Cherry Bowl Glades!!
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.