Wintergreen opening slides
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Clay
November 22, 2006
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I'm really not trying to be the bearer of bad news, I was just checking the local resorts on the web. Hopefully, I have GOOD news to report soon

From the Wintergreen website

"The start of the Wintergreen 2006-2007 season is just around the corner. We plan to run hard every chance we get in an effort to get trails open soon. Even though we were able to make snow this week, the return of cold temperatures will not be here in time to open this weekend. The forecast looks good to resume snowmaking next week so, please check our snow report regularly for updates on how we are progressing and when we plan to open"

Clay
Murphy
November 22, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
I wonder what the weather's like up there right now. The temps have been below freezing all day and there's quite a bit of precipitation in the area. If it's falling as snow they've probably gotten quite a bit.
skier219
November 22, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Bah, we're off to a bad start

I did hear that we are going to have transitional El Nino weather well into December, before winter really settles in. At that point it is supposed to be a cold, snowy winter. So it sounds like the early season may be painful, but hopefully we can kick into gear soon. Hey -- if we can avoid a January thaw this year, that would makeup for the lackluster start.

It's a pity -- I was planning to hit Wintergreen on Sunday or Monday. Maybe I need to redirect to Snowshoe, but that's a long day trip...
Clay
November 23, 2006
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Quote:

I did hear that we are going to have transitional El Nino weather well into December, before winter really settles in.

That's what the Skiing Weather man says (here)

Clay

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?