New Lifts and Trails for 06-07 ?
9 posts
7 users
2k+ views
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
April 13, 2006
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
Instead of separate area-by-area threads, maybe we can put together a master list of improvements underway or planned in preparation for next season. What's up?

Woody
WP_Employee
May 29, 2006
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
83 posts
Winterplace (as per www.winterplace.com) is expanding their "teaching" area by 8x... really big expansion.

Pictures available @ their website.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
May 30, 2006
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
that's relatively interesting. so they are chopping down the ridge beside the slow lifts; i hope they are also installing a new lift. I hate to get stuck down at the bottom of cascade and have either that crappy little double chair or those crappy long flat chairs to get back down to the parking. Maybe they can install another 500' of vertical while they are at it
Roy
May 31, 2006
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I'm not sure if it was already posted but..

Liberty is disposing of the Dipsy Double chair and putting in a quad. I had received an email about it but couldn't find any more info on the website. This was the only double chair they had on the front side.
SCWVA
June 4, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I was up at Bryce Resort this weekend and the local paper said that Bryce was going to spend $300,000 on snowmaking. Bryce was also going to remove a rope tow and add a magic carpet in the beginner area.

I've never skied Bryce, but $300k in snowmaking and magic carpet is pretty good for a small area.
bawalker
June 4, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
For Bryce, this is HUGE. Being that Bryce is only 500' with a dozen trails or less, $300,00k in snowmaking improvements is like T-Line getting $2million in improvements. Currently Brynce just has snow making wands along all of the trails and I'm sure that is far from adequate from laying down bases during the breif periods of snowmaking in the Shenandoah Valley. If they can get a greater capacity system in place, I'm sure they could open sooner, weather warmer periods better and stay open later. They really do need some big fan guns and a system to pump 3x more water.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 5, 2006
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Quote:

I was up at Bryce Resort this weekend and the local paper said that Bryce was going to spend $300,000 on snowmaking. Bryce was also going to remove a rope tow and add a magic carpet in the beginner area.

I've never skied Bryce, but $300k in snowmaking and magic carpet is pretty good for a small area.

I thought they did a great job making snow already. I wonder if they are going for one of those touch screen, totally computerized systems?
SCWVA
June 19, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I sent an email to the paper to get a copy of the text, but they never returned the email. I might be able to get a copy of the paper next weekend.

From what I gathered from the article, they were going to spend the $ on repairing or replacing a lot of piping, plus installing some additional snowmaking guns. I don't remember reading anything about a new computerized snowmaking system.
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
June 20, 2006
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
I agree, JimK. Given how lousy the snowmaking conditions were in the Shenandoah Valley last season, I was amazed by the conditions when I skied there.

Woody

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?