1st Whitetail, now Liberty ...
8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
snowcone
March 15, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
.. closing for the season. Only Snowtime resort left is Roundtop. Bummer. [sigh] .. guess its time to move on to warm weather sports and start saving money for next season's trips and gear.
Jim
March 15, 2006
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Heck no!! Now is the time to head West, young man (or woman!). I'll be Alta next week finishing up the season with some (hopefully) powder skiing.
comprex
March 15, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Time to shop for deals to Mammoth-O.

And do you have a Tahoe TR for us?
KevR
March 15, 2006
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
The whitetail website actually says they "anticipate" opening this weekend, depending on various factors.

The DCski weather predictor looks pretty good for several days -- what it would it take for WT to open again and what runs need to be open to get folks there?

(i'd have to see exhibition i think myself... and enough snow to make it seem better muddy slush)

The west is the best, but its a 5hr non-stop to SLC with screaming kids in front isles...

:-)
snowcone
March 15, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Just got back from 10 days in Tahoe .. its was unbelievable! Fresh powder every day except one, Sierra and Kirkwood in top form, Heavenly and Squaw not far behind. I think I would rather end this season on a Sierra high rather that an Allegheny low.

BTW and IMPORTANT .. obviously our east coast carvers were practically useless [Bob and Moscha actually were in the waist-deep stuff just this last Saturday at Kirkwood], so we rented Salomon 1080 Foils ... wow! .. what a ski. Does anyone know if Salomon will be continueing the model next year or do I have to scrounge the net to buy this year?

I would be happy to do a trip report .. just need a few days to catch up on sleep, laundry and dust bunnies. Do I just post here? ... or should I contact Scott to do it more officially?
jimboc
March 15, 2006
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
HMMMMM The Whitetail groomers are pushing around some snow today......any ideas why could they.....would they.....do they have enough......
kennedy
March 15, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I guess they're going for it but I gotta wonder if they don't need the guns to patch stuff up enough.
therusty
March 15, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Well they pushed and they shmushed and they decided ....

NO

WT has abandoned hope for reopening this weekend.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.