Massanutten Questions
5 posts
4 users
john84
March 8, 2006
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
Headed to Massanutten this Saturday with a few friends and I had a few questions. First, how much of that 1,100 vertical can be had off of the expert lift? Also, how are the trails from their double (number 5 lift on their trail map)? Seeing as temps are going to be around 65-70, are there any bump runs. I'd love to hit some soft bumps. Any info is appreciated.
kwillg6
March 9, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Haven't skied the nut this season, but to answer part of your questions, Off the double to the top on the skier's right is Dixie Dare which I assume has been allowed to bump up as in the past. It's the only true headwall on the mountain,and with bumps, can be a lot of fun. The other trails off that lift are basic blues. Off the quad are two black/blue runs which empty out at the base of the quad which is 1/3 of the way up the mountain. My guess is that there is around 700' vertical from the quad since the 1100 feet which used to be 1001' was measured from the bottom of the slopes now occupied by the tubing park.
wgo
March 10, 2006
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
I haven't been to massanutten since 2/24. At that time they had the usual bumps on Dixie Dare, and in addition had bumps on skier's left for the entire length of Paradice (one of the 2 longer blacks at the resort).
SkiBumMSP
March 12, 2006
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

I haven't been to massanutten since 2/24. At that time they had the usual bumps on Dixie Dare, and in addition had bumps on skier's left for the entire length of Paradice (one of the 2 longer blacks at the resort).

That was still the case when I was there last weekend (March 4-5th). I did not do any skiing this weekend, but I imagine those bumps were nice and soft. I'll be going up there next weekend (18-19th), which is the last weekend of the season there.
john84
March 12, 2006
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
Well I went on Saturday and coverage was suprisingly great everywhere. Skiers left of ParaDice did have bumps as well as 3/4 of Upper Dixie Dare. Temps got up to 75 during the day and and it was just a great day overall. They should still have decent conditions next weekend, but there will definitely some sketchy spots and some closures.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.