Who's going to be at Snowy Luau this year?
13 posts
9 users
2k+ views
kwillg6
February 17, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I know several DC Ski Timberline regulars tried to meet up last year for snowy luau weekend. A couple of us thought it would be great to have a gathering of everyone planning on being there. I guess the first thing is to find out who is planning on being there and then decide what and where to meet, greet, eat, or otherwise see what everyone looks like when not on the slopes covered with helments, goggles, coats, etc... What do ya think?
tgd
February 17, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Kim: We are definately planning to be there this year. Looking forward to meeting you and others.

Tom
cjf242
February 17, 2006
Member since 11/10/2003 🔗
30 posts
My wife and I are planing on heading out for that. Went out there for the first time last weekemd and loved it.

Cory
jimmy
February 17, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Count me and the lovely mrs jimmy in. I haven't been spending enough time at Tline this year and am really looking forward to snowy luau.
bawalker
February 17, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
If I can make it, it would just be me. I don't have a mrs's yet so I'm the lone-boarder who darts in and out of powder stashes vanishing into the trees only to appear across the mountain moments later. :P
Kris
February 19, 2006
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Got a business trip planned for the week before the luau. Should be back late friday evening. So if all works out, im plannin on like 2 hours of sleep and then hittin the luau sat and sun. Maybe i can finally meet up with ya jimmy. We always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
TerpSKI
February 20, 2006
Member since 03/10/2004 🔗
167 posts
Last year was a BLAST. Great snow and Limin' good time. I hope I can make it this year!
kwillg6
February 20, 2006
2,066 posts
Here's the hope for a BIG dump the week before and sunshine, blue skies, soft bumps, and warm air for the afternoon/evening festivities! (at least on Saturday) Maybe if all goes right, we can have a happy hour beginning sometime in late afternoon Anyway, later on, I'll give out my number for the valley. I have a place at Northwoods in the back horseshoe. There will be a quite a few other owners up for that weekend and I smell a GOOD TIME!
kwillg6
March 3, 2006
2,066 posts
The 15 day forcast from inaccuweather look for luau weekend to be chilly. I remember several years ago when there was a micro burst snowstorm during the fireworks. It was awesome! Maybe a repeat performance this year?
kwillg6
March 13, 2006
2,066 posts
ok, ok. So we now know the weather forcast...COLD, and the trail conditions...THIN AND WITH BROWN SPOTS. At least the beer will be cold and the sun is to shine and maybe a few inches of freshies to boot! I'll be on the hill at 9 am (that's when the lifts now open) I'll be sporting some type of Hawaiian garb but it depends on the temps as to how much. Am skiing red Rossi z9's with black boots and will have a gray giro helment. I sport a season pass which will be on my left leg My spouse won't be skiing (broken leg last week from a freak fall) You may see her on the deck sometime, or she may just hang out at our place NW/G6. Hope to catch up with all of you at one time or another....maybe happy hour. :
SCWVA
March 16, 2006
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I'm heading up to the Snowy Luau sometime tomorrow. I may go up in the am, depending how much snow they get tonight.

So who else is going to be there?
jimmy
March 16, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Skiing Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
warren
March 17, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Jimmy,
Well, I was TRYING to make it there but alas, I won't be able to make it this year Make some turns and have some brewskis for me

-Warren-
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.