Any dcskiers in SLC 3/11 - 3-18
8 posts
7 users
tromano
February 15, 2006
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Hey all,

I am making my first transcontinental ski trip next month. Thanks for a ton of advice form the peeps at DCski which helped make sense of the myriad of options which we were lookig at. We haven't fully decided wht resort we wil hit in the 6-7 skiing days we will have. Any recomendation on a top 2-3 resorts wht we shoucl hit while we are there. Right now we are thinking of alta, somewhere in big cottonwood canyon, and somewhere in park city. --Tim
jimmy
February 15, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Way to go Tim. I'll be leaving when you get there, but if I was told I only had one day left to ski, I'd spend it at Snowbird.
comprex
February 15, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
I'm 2 SLC 3/3-3/11

jimmy, give a holler?
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 15, 2006
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Agree it's kind of hard to pass on Alta/Bird if you've never been to UT before. All the rest are fine too, but I'm most curious about Deer Valley, Snowbasin and Solitude.
If you are going to be moving around I'd base a few days near LCC and BCC, then couple days around Park City, then travel up for one day to Snowbasin.
Jim
February 15, 2006
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Tim - I'll be fours day behind you showing up the 22nd with a few buds and family for six days in Alta. Highly recommend it!
ScotS244
February 17, 2006
Member since 01/29/2004 🔗
122 posts
Yeah, the wife, five cats, the dog and I will be arriving around March 11th and staying until... well, hopefully many, many years. Just bought a house in Sandy about 12 miles from Snowbird and Alta. Anyone in town in March, April and May give me a holler because I'd love to ski with you! We can see LLC from the front yard. That don't suck.
Chad
February 17, 2006
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
Quote:

Just bought a house in Sandy

i am curious, why did you move to utah?
ScotS244
February 17, 2006
Member since 01/29/2004 🔗
122 posts
My wife saw an opportunity for a great job out there, interviewed last week and got it. On top of that, I get to continue with my current job in a "work from home" capacity. We both like to ski and Utah has some of that to offer. The proximity to skiing beats anywhere in CO unless you live slopeside. The economy is strong. There is great skiing. I grew up in the West and now was the right time to get back there. Also, there is great skiing close by. Real estate is uber reasonable compared to this area and it's located near some great skiing. My Dad lives in Denver so it's nice to be much closer to visit and did I mention the skiing? We both love to mountain bike so the spring, summer and fall will be packed with road trips to Moab, Arches and the LCC/BCC/Park City areas. Skiing. We won't be converted but we will have a fully stocked wet bar and I plan to ski A LOT.
Sandy House view

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.