Canaan lodging question
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
yellowsnow
December 24, 2005
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Hello folks, newbie here, been reading for about a week or so....nice site.

Complete newbie. Heading for Canaan Valley next week and might try some snowshoeing (gotta start somewhere!)

Does anyone have any experience staying at a place in Canaan called Deerfield Village? Any comments, tips, precautions about the place?

Thanks in advance.
JCHobbes
December 24, 2005
Member since 09/12/2005 🔗
94 posts
I remember driving past there on the way to the house we rented last year.

It seemed really nice, I can't really tell you much more than that though.
pwillysim
December 25, 2005
Member since 09/2/2004 🔗
38 posts
I had stayed there about 6 years ago. It was very well maintained. It is very easy to get to. They used to have a good restaurant on site.I drive by every year, to get supplies at a lumber yard near the resort. It still looks very nice.
myrto
December 26, 2005
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
I have stayed there and the units are nice clean, triple A aproved type of units (however I do not know if they are in fact AAA aproved I just mean they are the type they typically endorse). They are about a 5 minute drive from either of the three resorts. They are all townhouses and from the inside you feel like you could be in surburbia or anywhere in the US. Very generic.
You would have a fine time there.

For another option you can check canaanlodging.com
Rich
December 27, 2005
Member since 11/30/2000 🔗
194 posts
Been doing CV for years and years (til I bought at Snowshoe) and would only stay at one place: The Canaan Mtn. Resort. On-site bar, restaurant, indoor pool, every winter activity you could imagine. Park once and never drive til you leave. Oh, there are more resturants in Davis if you want...and you could do TL.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.