Upcoming Ski Swap at Ski Center 10/26
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Jim
October 19, 2003
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
The Ski Liberty Ski Patrol's annual swap at Ski Center will be held this Sunday (October 26) from 9am to 3pm. This swap tends to be one of the biggest in the area and goes to support a good cause (the Ski Liberty Ski Patrol!).

As many of you may know, Ski Patrol services are FREE. If you are hurt, injured or are just in need of assistance while skiing or riding at Liberty Mountain, the Ski Patrol is there to help you. The patrol is made up of nearly 100% volunteers. The money raised from the swap goes to help defray the patrol's expenses (you'd be surprised how much blankets and bandages cost and how often those tobaggons get replaced!!). This helps to keep the patrol's services free to the skiing/riding public.

The swap is also a great way to get a killer deal on equipment. Knowledgable Ski Center employees will be on hand to help answer questions (you take your chances when asking Patrollers, as many of them have their own personal biases). In addition, Ski Center has a lot of its stuff on sale as well.

So come out Sunday to support a good cause and get some smokin' deals on equipment. THINK SNOW!

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 10-19-2003).]

JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 29, 2003
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
You're right Jim. Thanks for the heads-up. This is a big swap. I purchased two pairs of skis there. Asked for you around noon, but they said you weren't there.
Jim
October 31, 2003
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Hey Jim:

Sorry not to have been there. It was a rough week at my real job and I was wiped. Had to catch up on sleep somewhere!

I'm glad to hear you got some good deals! FYI - reports are that this year was a very good one with folks really coming up in support of the swap.

If you get up to Ski Liberty this season, give me a shout. I'm usually up there on most weekends (especially Saturdays). Or feel free to email me directly at "crashingsucks@hotmail.com." I'm always glad to talk skiing!

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?