Cherry Bowl Glades
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
john84
November 11, 2005
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
I've heard a few people talking about the Cherry Bowl Glades at T-Line. I saw a few maps and I know where the entrance is (I always knew that cross on Sallamander was strange) and I was just curious about it. How long ago was it officially open and why did it close? Also, is it still skiable in the winter, around late Feb-early March?
kwillg6
November 11, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
You enter cherry bowl from OTW, however, the mountain logged all the mature cherry out of there and left the lapps making it unskiable for several years. Since then, it has not been an "official" trail on the mountain but some of us do take advantage of big pow days and ski it.
JohnL
November 11, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:

Also, is it still skiable in the winter, around late Feb-early March?

Yes. Sometimes I prefer to ski CB on non-powder days since I can see some of the hidden stuff and avoid it. Most sections are very wide open compared to other tree shots at Timberline, but there can be a lot of debris in there.

Several entrances, which you've both mentioned. Not sure what ski patrol would do if they saw a competent person in there, but as always with tree shots, be discreet when entering and exiting.
pwillysim
November 11, 2005
Member since 09/2/2004 🔗
38 posts
The only entrance I have used is the one from OTW. I had been told by some of the instructors that the patrollers will not bother you if it is not crowded. What they don't want is the inexperienced in that bowl. If you have never skied it be careful there are a lot of nubs.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?