Buy one get one free promotions??
11 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Elrah
October 19, 2005
Member since 10/18/2005 🔗
29 posts
Hey! I'm brand new here. My husband and I are intermediate skiers, with three kids skiing and one toddler waiting in the wings! I just introduced my father to skiing last year (for the very first time in his life!) too, and we're interested in taking a couple of ski trips this upcoming season....but my parents are retired, and we're a single income family.

Last year we heard about the Harris Teeter promotion and went to Snowshoe for a week using their buy one get one free lift pass deal...has ANYONE heard of ANY similar such deals out there that could be used this season????

It just dawned on me last week that the Harris Teeter thing didn't even begin until January....and here I am heart set on an early week at Snowshoe!
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 19, 2005
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi Elrah,

Welcome to DCSki! I haven't heard anything about "Buy One, Get One Free" promotions yet, but be sure to check out the DCSki Bargain Tracker at:

http://www.dcski.com/bargaintracker/index.php

We populate the Bargain Tracker with money-saving tips. There's a few entries now for the 2005-2006 winter season, and it will continue to grow throughout the season.
therusty
October 19, 2005
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Snowtime (Liberty, Whisitetail, Roundtop) will be offering a buy one get one free promotion during the first week of opening to holders of the Snow Blast Bonus card. This card can only be acquired by visiting a Snowtime booth at one of the events where Snowtime hands out brochures and sells Advantage cards.
Rickh
October 19, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
All, don't forget Canaan Valley's deals. I've skied there several times on $10 lift tickets....
I think Ski Chalet has them sometimes, but the last time I think I got the coupons at Safeway or something???
Elrah
October 19, 2005
29 posts
Thank you very much guys!!

While surfing online, I came across a Snowshoe link and followed it...now I know it's very naieve of me NOT to have noticed before...but Silvercreek doens't open until the day AFTER the "ski free" weeks end.

We're planning on going with my Dad, who had a heart attack on last Thanksgiving day and went skiing for the very first time in his life the following March. I'm concerned that if they only have one trail open, it might be too long for Dad to do comfortably (or maybe even safely!)

I called Snowshoe reservations and "tested" this information. FIRST I asked about the lift tickets that came with the "ski free" deal--I asked if they were "freedom tickets" and if Silvercreek would be available--they guy answered YES!!!!

I then clarified and asked AGAIN if Silvercreek would be available "So, Silvercreek will be open and available? "Ah, Silvercreek opens December 16th." --"But the 'ski free' weeks end December 15th." "Ah, that's correct."

<<shakes head>> They guy should have been up front....come to think of it--there's NOTHING about Silvercreek NOT being open anywhere easily accessed on their main website! I just tried to find the page I found by link earlier, and I can't find it from their main page. Oh well! The information's there for those digging for it. I've just got to be more careful.
Swimmer
October 19, 2005
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
Would Wisp be a choice? It seems to me that every year around the opening week (roughly Dec 10) they offer 7 dollar lift tickets for a day. There are ramblings of this deal somewhere buried in DCSki but I'm too lazy to find them.

correction on the lazy part...here is a link to the wisp home page about Dec 11-12

http://www.skiwisp.com/winter_events.htm

Steve
Elrah
October 19, 2005
29 posts
LOL! Yeah, I'd read about that deal! Sounds GREAT!!! Personally, yes, I definitely would consider that a possibility...although to be totally honest, I'd like to "check it out" with my dearest first...you know, snuggling on the lifts, reconnoitering the slopes W/O children in tow....

I ought to add...we're still pretty inexperienced in skiing. I've been to Winterplace several times, Canaan Valley once in highschool...and Snowshoe twice for 4 night visits. We packed our own food and booked with private owners...last year we booked through Remax and stayed in "Ryan's Express". We've loved it very much...but travel is getting even more expensive...we're in the Charleston area btw.

Again, thank you guys very much! I look forward to reading more and possibly sharing some photos!
Kris
October 19, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Just a thought...but if you call CV and you have at least 15 ppl, they will give you a heck of a deal...
All day lift, rentals, lesson for something like 21$ a person..I think you have to book a week in advance or something...if your interested, i bet you could get 15 ppl here to pitch in and have a DCski CV weekend....
My details may be a bit off...id call and get the correct information from them, but i know thats what the price was last year.
Elrah
October 20, 2005
29 posts
Wow simply doesn't cover it....nah, comPLETELY inadequate. Let's see, for lodging purposes our family is 8, only six of whom ski. My Mom's disabled, and stays with our two year old, who WANTS to ski, but I've said "No!" 'till she's at least four! So! for skiing purposes, we're almost half way there!

Your offer of coming up with some folks who'd kindly agree to meet us there and split a group rate--well, as I said, Wow, doesn't cut it. That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me! What's the lodging like on a deal like that? or is it strictly a "daytrip" type of thing---that's ok! Sounds WELL worth the drive to me!

After spending a couple of hours browsing through Timberline vacation rentals with my Mom--(talk about a useful site!!!) My mood was much improved...and this is WAY much better than mere "icing on the cake!" Thank you!!!!

<big sigh> Ah...perhaps I can sleep now, perchance to dream...OH! who ever posted those pic's of Timberline--THANK YOU. I'll try to find some pictures to scan and post--just getting to see some skiing makes me feel better!

night all!
Elrah
October 20, 2005
29 posts
Ok, I tried "editing" that last post twice and only succeeded in crashing my computer! Taking a hint from another poster, I used the same service (well, the free version anyway) to upload some ski pic's I had taken at Silver Creek in March of 2004. There's only five shots--I hope you guys like 'em! Little Silver Creek Slideshow
Kris
October 20, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Quote:

Your offer of coming up with some folks who'd kindly agree to meet us there and split a group rate--well, as I said, Wow, doesn't cut it. That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me! What's the lodging like on a deal like that? or is it strictly a "daytrip" type of thing---that's ok! Sounds WELL worth the drive to me!

Lodging isnt included in that....Thats just a day by day thing..We always went on sundays last year, so i couldnt tell you about any other day of the week.
Im sure there is a decent hotel in thomas or davis you could book for a night or two if you dont wanna fork over the bucks to stay at the resort.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?