Groups @ timberline
5 posts
4 users
langleyskier
September 15, 2005
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
I am the president of the ski club at my school (Langley HS) and am organizing our big ski trip this year and i looked at timberline's group specials and they look outstanding!!!
$139 per person (for 20+ people)
-Bunk lodging for fri and sat night
-5 meals
-sat and sun lift tickets
-rentals
-lesson

Has anyone ever been to or seen the timberline group logging facilities and if so how are they?
kwillg6
September 16, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
The accomodations are not hotel standard, but are a good deal if all you are looking for is a clean bed to sleep in. The meals are cafeteria style, not too bad. What you give up in luxury you gain in convenience. It's a very short walk to the slopes and the skiing is excellent. I suggest late February and March as prime time on this mountain. I have organized trips for high school students in ther past and have done Canaan Valley Resort and Wisp.
Canaan Valley Resort Does have superior accomodations, but you will pay more. The food is probably better as well, but you will have to ride a shuttle bus from the lodge to the ski area (minor inconvenience) which runs every 15 minutes.
CV also has indoor pool facilities and ice skating for apres ski.
langleyskier
September 16, 2005
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Late feb or march? Why not january or early feb.?
fred
September 17, 2005
Member since 12/23/2004 🔗
59 posts
Because if it isn't a good natural snow winter timberline might not have 50 percent of their terrain open until late february or march...for example last season
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
September 17, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

Because if it isn't a good natural snow winter timberline might not have 50 percent of their terrain open until late february or march...for example last season

January has been disappointing at Timberline in the past because their snowmaking operation is very slow. Yes, they eventually cover the entire mountain but it takes a LONG time. This year they've made some improvements so things may be better; however, they also have a lot of new terrain to cover. Only time will tell...
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.