Picture of New Slope at 7 Springs
8 posts
5 users
1k+ views
RobertW
July 5, 2005
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
For those interested, here is a picture of the new slope located on the North Face at 7 Springs. I took this today (July 5) while hiking the area. It starts adjacent to Gunnar Slope (seen in the extreme left of the picture) and basically runs parallel to Gunnar in the space between Gunnar and the Turtle Neck Glade. It has a slight turn at the top and it appears it will be more narrow and rolling than Gunnar. It merges with Gunnar/TurtleNeck/Lost Girl at the flat "step" about half way down North Face.
SCWVA
July 5, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
RobertW,

Nice picture!

Are they doing any work in or around the Turtle Neck Glades?
RobertW
July 5, 2005
199 posts
Quote:

Are they doing any work in or around the Turtle Neck Glades?

SCWVA, It was hard to get too close to the top as there was lots of large, earth moving equipment running around (it was a work day after all). There did seem to be some activity at the top of the Turtle Neck Glade but looking from the bottom, I did not see any work being done there. Perhaps they are moving earth around in preparation for Great Western or the long rumored detachable lift. I will be back in a few weeks and will take some more pictures.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
July 5, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I give up. Your post has no picture attached, or an address where one might find the picture.
Please advise,
The Colonel
RobertW
July 6, 2005
199 posts
Quote:

...Your post has no picture attached, or an address where one might find the picture....

Colonel, The link is embedded in the words "Here is a picture". It is hard to see in some color schemes. Here is the URL: http://www.leacar.com/7springs7505.JPG
tromano
July 6, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I was up at the top after walking arround adn going on a few runs on the alpine slide. There is a large ammount of construction. It seems that at least some of it is related to the expansion of condos as I it appears thet are putting in facilities for sewer, electric, etc...
RobertW
July 6, 2005
199 posts
Quote:

There is a large amount of construction. It seems that at least some of it is related to the expansion of condos as it appears they are putting in facilities for sewer, electric, etc...

Here are a couple of pictures of the Southwind Condo site taken from the south shore of Lake Tahoe. The first is looking toward the Cortina Quad with Fawn Lane on the left. The second shows the amazing amount of boulders on the upper site.

http://www.leacar.com/7spsouthwind1_7505.jpg

http://www.leacar.com/7spsouthwind2_7505.jpg
JimK - DCSki Columnist
July 7, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
If they piled up all those rocks and put a lift to the top Seven Springs might break 1000 feet of vertical!
Thanks for photos.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?