A frickin' awesome epic day
5 posts
5 users
Crush
March 30, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
ok like I can die now .... I just had the *best* day skiing with Lance Bravard of the Fagowees (actually somewhat of a nemisis on the old WSI race-circuit) we had the best day ... it totally puked outside we hit 2-4 feet of light-dry powder and we both raged over all of it .... stepped out and poked our noses in the back country (lol and ducked the ropes a little too kudos to "Keil's Run" lol Lance) and had a blast .... and damnit it is still snowing! !!!!! oh well guess I'll have to play hooky again and get a few turns in...

Another season under the belt
I remember every turn
snow flew in my face today
what coukd be better

Crush--
KevR
March 31, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
you found it! i found it last yr too, the best skiing of my life. when i walked off the slopes, i wasn't sure i'd ski again. I skied again.

But it wasn't the same until somewhere on snowbasin this yr... I mean, it wasn't the same, or as perfect conditions but somewhere in there I started skiing again!

I woke up, I found it, thought it was lost ...

SCWVA
March 31, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Crush,

BTW you suck! j.k. If you're gonna make us all jealous, at least take some pictures so we can live vicariously through you. Some video would be nice also.

Skied The Canyons for the first time a few weeks back. The place seems huge. We had spring conditions while we were there, but the woods still had some good snow in them. My Wife loved Grande, Deschutes, and Ectasy. Whats up with the gullies or "Natural" half pipe located at the bottom of Deschutes & Grande? (I think?). 5' drop into a 4' wide gully? The gullies were actually quite fun once you got into the groove.

Your mountain was a blast. Even got to see/hear the Leon Russell concert in the village. People at the Canyons seemed pretty friendly and down to earth. Even saw a lot of hair farmers, which is always good to see.

You live the life.
skier219
March 31, 2005
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

ok like I can die now .... I just had the *best* day skiing with Lance Bravard of the Fagowees (actually somewhat of a nemisis on the old WSI race-circuit) we had the best day ... it totally puked outside we hit 2-4 feet of light-dry powder and we both raged over all of it .... stepped out and poked our noses in the back country (lol and ducked the ropes a little too kudos to "Keil's Run" lol Lance) and had a blast .... and damnit it is still snowing! !!!!! oh well guess I'll have to play hooky again and get a few turns in...

Another season under the belt
I remember every turn
snow flew in my face today
what coukd be better

Crush--

Cool! I had some of the best powder skiing of my life in at Park City in April 98. Still want to get back there in the spring someday.

Craig
SeaRide
March 31, 2005
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
Quote:

....Whats up with the gullies or "Natural" half pipe located at the bottom of Deschutes & Grande? (I think?). 5' drop into a 4' wide gully? The gullies were actually quite fun once you got into the groove.

That would be the Canis Lupis, the one mile natural zigzaggin' twisty half pipe. Hard to find the trail sign for it. It's simply an awesome thing to go through. During the summer, it is just a plain old creek with high bank.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.