Timberline area contractors/home inspectors
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
ridenski - DCSki Supporter 
March 26, 2005
Member since 04/11/2004 🔗
82 posts
Talk about the Power of DC Ski; last year I discovered this website and Timberline, now we're strongly considering buying a house there. Does anyone have experience with or recommend someone in the CV area to inspect a house before purchase? The place we're looking at may need some deck reinforcement and has some "weak spots" in the floor, so it might need some major work. Are there any structural engineers or contractors in the area people recommend for home inspection, reliable estimates and foundation and deck work? Please PM me if you've got some insight. If this works out, you might be able to book some beers and tub time on the reinforced deck next season! Thanks.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 27, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
We used the inspector recommended by Canaan Realty. He did a professional job.
fishnski
March 27, 2005
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
The contractors are swamped with work up there & with the spring thaw things only get more backed up.Good luck & get on it Right away.PS way behind schedule on my house bieng built up there.
SCWVA
April 1, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Check out this website. It's for Snowshoe area, but it might help you find what you needed. If these contractors and inspectors can't help you, may be they can recommend someone in the Valley that could.

http://www.snowshoerealty.com/homeownerhelp.aspx

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?