Wanna SKI/Board? GOTTA SUPPORT!! GOTTA GO!!
12 posts
10 users
3k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 16, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Although various posters have said it a number of times recently, the fact is that most mid-Atlantic ski areas close due to a lack of customers, not a lack of snow on the slopes, and it is especially true this year. Just go on line and view the Whitetail and Seven Springs web cams. I just did at 11:15am, 16 March. With the present great conditions, I still could only count about 20 people on the slopes or in the lift lines at both resorts. This is amazing! We DCSkiers gotta go skiing and riding.
The Colonel
JohnL
March 16, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
I did my part by supporting Whitetail this past Monday. Plenty of elbow room.

I'll be supporting Utah the next two weekends...
kwillg6
March 16, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I agree. However, don't you also believe that it's partly the resort's fault as well? I mean they really don't market the spring skiing the way they do the skiing in december and january. Although I enjoy not having the crowds and lift lines, I think they could do themselves a great big favor by doing a little marketing of what we know to be true Warmer temps, snow to die for, and cheaper rates! For god's sake, what else could you ask for?
jimmy
March 16, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
JohnL,

While you're out there in the land of many wives, here's a trivia question for you: Who is Smilin' Jack, what's his favorite terrain and why's he always smiling?

jimmy
nakedskier
March 16, 2005
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts
I'm off to Whitetail in three hours! I can't wait!!!
JohnL
March 16, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Smile for the web cam. And make sure you're wearing some clothes. Unless you're the sister of Border Babe.

Jimmy,
How many guesses to I get?
jimmy
March 16, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

How many guesses to I get?

The answer, my friend, is in the Utah wind, the answer is hanging in the wind!
jdnicely
March 16, 2005
Member since 12/31/2004 🔗
3 posts
I'm supporting, I'll be at Snow Shoe for the entire weekend. Big group going on Friday, I think 16 of us. We are doing our part
shearer519
March 16, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
Well I am skiing on Sunday but I don't know if I am really supporting the cause since the lift tickets are free
rmcva
March 16, 2005
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Either Shoe or TLine this weekend.
Jim
March 16, 2005
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Hey all:

Snowtime resorts (Liberty, Whitetail and Roundtop) are planning on staying open through this weekend, then closing on M-Th. If weather holds, they WILL open again on Friday and Saturday the 25th and 26th of March for a final half weekend - the reason? Because skier and boarder visits are still high enough to justify keeping the areas open!! So keep supporting your local resorts - its working!

Admittedly, I am being a bit of a hypocrite as I am currently enjoying the hospitality of Vail Resorts, Inc...
SkiBumMSP
March 16, 2005
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

Well I am skiing on Sunday but I don't know if I am really supporting the cause since the lift tickets are free

I'll be skiing both Sat and Sun this weekend as well. And like you, I don't know if I am really supporting the cuase as I'll be skiing free both days.

I'll also be skiing next weekend. Alas, that'll probably be it, unless I can talk anybody in going up to New England. With the snow they have been getting up there, I may be able to go up there over Memorial Day weekend!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?