T-line Snow Report
16 posts
12 users
3k+ views
SCWVA
February 28, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Has anyone heard how much snow T-line has received as of 3pm today? How much are they predicting for CV?

T-line's Snow report has not been updated since Sunday. Their Webcam is also down?
queenoftheslopes
February 28, 2005
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
I'd like to know as well? Anyone with on the ground info?
Flskibum
February 28, 2005
Member since 02/28/2005 🔗
1 posts
Made a 15 hour drive from the east coast of FL. to T line for a weeks of skiing ending on Thurs. 2/24 afternoon. It started snowing Wed. night and was still snowing when we left. Conditions on Thurs. AM were powder!!!! I can only imagine what they'll be like this week. As for the lifts they seemed a little slow this year. Lines were none existant in the middle of the week. Well enjoy the time you all have up there as I sit in Fl. checking the web cam and snow reports with envy having to wait until next year to return.
kwillg6
March 1, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I got a report from my son who has taken up residence there that they were talking 20" since Sunday. Of course, that could be like a tipical fish story, but I wouldn't doubt it.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
JohnL
March 1, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Whitegrass is reporting 9 inches of accumulation during yesterday and last night. Whitegrass Snow Report
skiTLINE
March 3, 2005
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
On their website they are now reporting 10 inches in the past 24 hours. But no totals for the season to date. Any ideas where we are as far as natural goes for the season?
Murphy
March 3, 2005
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
About 115" in the mountains of WV.
skiTLINE
March 3, 2005
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
so it looks like this winter, although took a while to get off the ground, wont wind up being that bad afterall.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 3, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Today's Purple Fiddle e-report had some info:

Quote:

It is a winter wonderland like no other right now! It is snowing to
beat the band. Fresh perfect powder, like 27-inches of new snow covers
the valley and we expect much more! Thank goodness we are on a main
highway because the roads are remarkably maintained, graveled and clear, so
if you are toying with hitting the slopes or trails, you will not find
a more perfect weekend to come visit. It looks like a busy weekend is
coming up with the way our telephone has been ringing off the hook for
accommodations and Mountain Music information.

PF is featuring the following band this Saturday:

Quote:

We finally booked the Hackensaw Boys, who we have been trying
to book since we first opened three years ago. They will be sure to be a
crowd pleasing band. They are here this Saturday with their wild
newgrass, and by reading their description below, they sound like they might
be similar to the Avett Brothers, who are my new favorite band. So now
that we finally got them here, please come out and see them, as it
might be a long time till we get them back here again. These guys are on
their way to the top.

Chip Chase is reporting over 30 since the whole thing started:

http://www.whitegrass.com/report.html
kwillg6
March 3, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Johnfmh, I believe the 30" is or was correct. They should see a few more over the next several days especially with a cold front on Saturday. NBC4 out of DC had a picture of main st. Davis with 25" on yesterdays 5 pm news. I hope to see you on the mountain this weekend.
tommo
March 3, 2005
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
The reports are all correct. I left my place in western Garrett County at about 11:00 this morning. I shoveled half my deck, and it was an average of about 29" deep. Driveway depth was at the limit of the snowblower ~ 24" yesterday. The woods are a nicely settled 20 - 24 with another 4" of the finest powder you will ever see on top (that 4" fell over night.) The temp when I departed was 17 degrees, the wind was at about 15 or so, and there were on and off snow showers. The XC conditions were as good as can possibly be and the downhill conditions were sublime. W didn't have time to make it down to CV, but I can certainly believe that they had 2 to 4 more inches. Main roads, e.g. I68 and 219 in MD were in great shape. Secondary roads are completely snow covered. WV roads, particularily west of Petersburg, are likely rather treacherous . Please be careful driving

For the record, this is turning into a FINE snow year! And this weekend stands to be one of the best in recent memory for the combination of snow, temps, daylight and crowds (or lack thereof).
andy
March 3, 2005
Member since 03/6/2004 🔗
175 posts
This is an epic dump...NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE TALKIN!! The only thing that seperates us from the big boys is the big boy...."ALMOST HEAVEN" West Virginia!! Thank you for your support.Do us RIGHT Mr. BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
SCWVA
March 6, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Ok, I couldn't take it anymore. All this talk about 30" of powpow in valley. I drove up Friday am to check out the conditions for myself. I was not disappointed. Blue bird skies and tons of snow everywhere. They had groomed most of the trails with the exception of The Drop and OTW. The snow on the groomers was unbelievably silky smooth top to bottom. There was still a fair amount of freshies to be had on the Drop and OTW. After a couple of runs down OTW and the Drop we started hitting the easy to get to glades which at the start of the day had nothing but untracked powder in them. We spent the entire day in the woods. The Powder in the woods unbelievably deep. In some of the harder to get to woods there were 5'+ snow drifts you could bust through. It started to snow around 1pm and by 4:30 another 3" had fallen. Conditions only got better. There was still so much untracked powder in the woods that it was hard to leave. Hopefully the other DCSkiers that went up there Sat. am will take care of that powder for me.

Conditions were epic. There's nothing like a little Powder, West Virginia style.
andy
March 6, 2005
Member since 03/6/2004 🔗
175 posts
Just checked a few of the snowiest resorts across the country & even up in canada...WEST VA RULES!! More snow than anyone this last month & blowing everybody away the last 14 days! & it ain't over til the fat lady in the tight ski pants sings!
bawalker
March 6, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
ACK I saw that yesterday... a "larger" woman in those tiny stretched tight set of 80's ski pants. With it being 60*F here today, maybe that was the omen, not that the fat lady sings, but when she skis?
wgo
March 7, 2005
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Quote:

Hopefully the other DCSkiers that went up there Sat. am will take care of that powder for me.

No worries there - we devoured it! Yum.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.