Good lodging in CO
5 posts
4 users
jnf
February 6, 2005
Member since 01/24/2005 🔗
4 posts
Looking to go to CO in Mid March with @ 6 friends. Anybody have a good recommendation for a cheap/good place to stay in either:

Vail Valley
Aspen
Crested Butte
Telluride

Thanks,
JNF
Coach13
February 7, 2005
Member since 12/16/2003 🔗
56 posts
Quote:

Looking to go to CO in Mid March with @ 6 friends. Anybody have a good recommendation for a cheap/good place to stay in either:

Vail Valley
Aspen
Crested Butte
Telluride

Thanks,
JNF

Condo or hotel?
Coach13
February 7, 2005
Member since 12/16/2003 🔗
56 posts
Here's a good link regarding doing Vail or BC on the cheap.

web page
Roy
February 8, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Depending on size and price you're looking for, check out vrbo.com . It stands for Vacation Rentals By Owner and you might find some things to your price range.
Jim
February 8, 2005
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Hey Roy! Quite giving away good secrets!!!

Seriously, VRBO is a great site to check. Lots of condo owners who don't necessarily work through a realty company use the site. If you are looking for cheap in the Vail Valley area, your best bet is to pick places that are not walking distance to the slopes. The area on the other side of I-70 is a good start (called Sandstone). There's a pedestrian bridge and free shuttle service to the main village. Try to avoid East Vail as the shuttle service is a lot less frequent. The other option (if you have a car) is to stay in Avon. The Comfort Inn in Avon usually has great deals. Last I checked for a friend, you could get a room with two queen beds for $125/night weekday and $150/weekend. Prices are cheapest if you book really early or last minute.

Good luck - I'll be there in mid-March!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.