Massanutten
4 posts
3 users
cjf242
January 26, 2005
Member since 11/10/2003 🔗
30 posts
My wife and I were thinking of heading to Massanutten tomorrow.
What do you guys think of it? We have never been there. Been to Whitetail a lot this year and wanted a little change.

Also how are the instructors there? looking to take some ski and board lessons.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 26, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
did you check comments on mass in resort profile section? if you are a strong intermediate or better be sure diamond jim and/or paradice are open or else you won't have an escape from often heavy weekend crowds on the rest of terrain. there is a big, active contingent of boarders at massanutten, would expect they'd have some decent instructors for that.
Oops, just noticed you're visiting thursday/weekday, should be fun and empty if sufficient terrain is open. great place to eat on way home is bavarian chef on rt 29 near madison; requires scenic return via rt 33, not as fast as I81.
cjf242
January 26, 2005
Member since 11/10/2003 🔗
30 posts
Thanx Jim. I did read the resort profile. One of the reasons we decided to go. I am an intermediate rider and my wife is a beginner skier. We will deff check out that restaurant you mentioned
tskski
January 26, 2005
Member since 03/13/2003 🔗
122 posts
Skied there this morning. There were no crowds and all trails are open with good coverage. I really enjoyed my morning there. Paradise and Diamond Jim had good coverage.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.