15+ inches of fresh at Liberty/Roundtop?
12 posts
10 users
2k+ views
Chad
January 21, 2005
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
snowcone
January 21, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Unhuh! That's what Dave Tolleris (WXRisk) says and he has a really good track record. Winter storm Uber guru Paul Kocin seems to think that NJ and Boston are going to get the bulk of the white stuff while we get in the 6-8" range. Walt Drag, another top meteorologist also tends toward NJ thru MA coast getting pounded with possible blizzard. We can only hope that the storm slips a tad farther south to give MidA the 20" rather than Boston ... they have had more than their share this winter!
Here is another weather map to give you sweet dreams for tonight ... http://snow-forecast.com/maps/appalsnow_next3days.shtml

We are gassing up the truck tonight and setting the alarm for 5:00 for 1st tracks at either Whitetail, Liberty or maybe 7S. And then there is Sunday with of the Beltway descending on the Snowtime resorts. Its going to be ugly!

Where are other DCSkiers going to be?
James_Gorman
January 21, 2005
Member since 01/10/2005 🔗
12 posts
I am at Tline hoping to get snowed in. With my car that is not hard to do
James
Chad
January 21, 2005
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
i will be at whitetail until close on saturday. maybe later if i get lucky and get snowed in! i dont think sunday will be all that crowded. the beginner crowd will be scared off by the bad driving conditions.
Jim
January 21, 2005
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
I'll be at Liberty in the afternoon. I hear rumors that its a late night? Could be some awesome powder skiing!!
twin58
January 21, 2005
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
powderpig
January 21, 2005
Member since 12/5/2003 🔗
63 posts
I have tickets to see the Dave Holland Big Band tomorrow night at the Kennedy Center. I called to see if it could be cancelled and there will be no word until tomorrow afternoon. So looks like the Pig wont be going anywhere until Sunday. But if they do cancel Ill be at the late night Liberty session, flask in hand, pigging out...guess my bacon is cooked this time

-Pig
Crush
January 21, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
ALLLL RITE MY COUSINS!!!!! Enjoy and get snowed in get up to your local resort tonight and enjoy!!! You all deserve it! :-)
EasternSkiBum
January 21, 2005
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
Well I got my powder legs last week out in PC.

Jim... drive safely on Sat. see you there.

Snow.. you don't know how ugly it will be on Sun. The forecast is for highs in the upper teens with high winds. Very miserable conditions. Sat. will be the real day.

It'll be an interesting weekend to say the least. Just remember... bread, milk, toilet paper (the stores were nuts today ).
Jim
January 22, 2005
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
ESP - I'll be wearing my DCSki pin on my jacket with the big white cross on the back. Don't be shy about asking around for me (same for other DCSkiers that will be there!).
WP_Employee
January 22, 2005
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
83 posts
Snowshoe is also under a heavy snow warning until Sunday @ 5am -- 6 - 12" possible w/ more over the ridges.

Safe driving everyone.
tomimcmillar
January 22, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Well, whether it's 6" or 15", I'll probably run down to Whitetail. Didn't think it was too crowded last wknd, holiday and all. Now they've got even more terrain open, and bad roads will hopefully keep folks close to home.
Unless the drive looks really gnarly, then I'm sticking close to home and hitting Roundtop.

oooooh, I see snow falling outside the window.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.