New Here
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Bill
January 5, 2005
Member since 01/5/2005 🔗
42 posts
Hello everyone! I was very happy to find this site. It's nice to be able to "meet" others in the DC area that enjoy the outdoors.

While I am a technical writer by day (in order to support my habits!), my first love is teaching. I have been a ski instructor, and am currently a professional inline skate instructor, as well as very active in the Red Cross as a first aid/CPR/AED and Sport Safety Instructor. I also enjoy mountain biking but am a complete novice!

I ski mainly White Tail, with the occasional trip over to Canaan Valley/Timberline area. I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you on the slopes.
Roy
January 6, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Welcome Bill. Are you an instructor at Whitetail?
Bill
January 6, 2005
Member since 01/5/2005 🔗
42 posts
No I'm not. I don't teach regularly anymore, can't make the committment that most ski schools require. I used to teach over at Silver Creek. All I do now is the occasional private lesson. I don't do it often because I don't want to be seen as taking business away from the ski schools. Usually its friends or people that I have taught inline skating to that just want some on slope pointers etc.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?