Whitetail vs. Massanutten for this Sunday?
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
jb714
December 17, 2004
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
I'm looking for opinions on what the opening weekend crowds might be like at Whitetail vs Massanutten this SUnday (Dec 19). My schedule prevents anything other than a day-trip for this weekend and I'm itching to get some snow under my feet.....
Kahuna613
December 17, 2004
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
I am facing the same dilemma, I don't know where to go. I think I'll end up at Timberline (yes a long, but certainly possible day trip). For $13 college rates, Ill go, but I want to know if there will be more than one trail open from the top??
jb714
December 17, 2004
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
I went to Massanutten on Sunday early in the season last year, and the crowd was minimal (even though the conditions were great for that early in the season). I'd like to go to WHitetail, but most times that I've been there it's been very busy....
tomimcmillar
December 17, 2004
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
I called T-lines 800# and was told that Upper White Lightning and Upper Silver Streak were open, with more to come. We're heading to Whitegrass to scope the natural goods with T-line as an afternoon backup option. Looks like the early week fluff has settled into the start of a decent base, could be really good by Christmas wknd...

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.