Massanutten early season crowds...
4 posts
2 users
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 2, 2003
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Don't get around Massanutten as much as I used to. It can get real busy there, but you can escape it by hitting Diamond Jim and Paradice trails&lift. Will they have that much terrain open? Regardless, I seriously doubt that the pre-Christmas weekend crowds would be too bad unless only one lift is open and a few inches of unexpected natural snow falls and inspires the hoards. The newly upgraded chair they got this year should help one of their previous bottlenecks near the lodge.
(Anonymous)
December 2, 2003
According to their current conditions report, they're blowing snow on all of the Green trails, plus Lower Rebel Yell. That seems to imply that they'll have at least 3 (and possibly 4) lifts running.
(Anonymous)
December 3, 2003
Anybody out there have any early season esperience at Massanutten? They're opening this Friday and I'm thinking of heading there Sat or Sun - but I know that they don't handle crowds very well.

Any insight resulting from early season trips to Massanutten in previous years would be greatly appreciated

JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 3, 2003
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
...a few inches of unexpected natural snow falls and inspires the hoards.

I think you'll be ok crowd-wise this weekend, but it looks like a possible storm coming Friday. That could mean improved skiing/boarding, but also potential for company on the slopes.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?