Anybody want 144 inches of fresh?
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
bob
one month ago
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

You just have to figure out how to get to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/29/weather/california-storm-snow-blizzard-climate/index.html

Shotmaker
one month ago
Member since 02/18/2014 🔗
180 posts
Might be tracked out but will be out there in Tahoe & Mammoth for a couple weeks in mid March. 
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
one month ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

I'm having fun with a couple friends with the 2 feet expected by the end of the storm system happening this weekend at Grand Targhee.  Especially since it's coming down slowly enough that the road up the mountain is snow covered but not that bad.  At least, we made it down to Driggs this afternoon without much of an issue.

Snowed steadily all day on March 1, starting just about when the lifts opened at 9:00.  Dreamcatcher didn't run until the afternoon.  We stuck to Colter where we had trees to help with visibility.

Crush
one month ago (edited one month ago)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

We are just 3" shy of three feet on our deck OMG and another foot+ coming. As you can see I am scared.1709393969_iewegepgopiy.jpg

JimK - DCSki Columnist
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Crush, at least you appear to still have electricity!  Only wind so far in the Wasatch, but perhaps 1+ foot snow tonight in the mountains.  I have a shovel bigger than that in my car :-)
Crush
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

The problem with the shovel is I have a big one on the deck and now, today, it is burried under nearly 4 feet of snow. The lights flickered sometimes but we have 1.5 Kw/hr power Goal Zero supply to run critial things I'll show you. BTW Mt Rose Hwy and Truckee 267 still closed.

This is a good resource the black dashed lines are closed, big yikes.

JimK wrote:

Crush, at least you appear to still have electricity!  Only wind so far in the Wasatch, but perhaps 1+ foot snow tonight in the mountains.  I have a shovel bigger than that in my car :-)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?