Another chance for Indy Pass 2023-24 starting Oct. 10
9 posts
3 users
1k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
7 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,250 posts
If you didn't get an Indy Pass but are interested, better get on the Waitlist ASAP.  Indy will start selling again starting Oct. 10 based on the order of when people got on the Waitlist.

The Indy locations within a day's drive of DC/NoVA are Canaan Valley, Bryce, Massanutten, Blue Knob, and Montage.  I suppose Greek Peak too.  Indy+ means no blackout dates.  Blackouts vary by location, generally include holidays and Saturdays.  Some locations choose to black out Sundays too.

Indy has added 50+ new locations, including a few in Europe. The full list won't be available until Oct. 10.

FALL LAUNCH 2023 - MEDIA RELEASE

doug@indyskipass.com

50+ Resorts Added, Pass Sales to Resume
Over 50 new resorts from Europe, Canada, Japan, and the US join the Indy Pass 

GRANBY, Colorado – The Indy Pass announced today more than 50 new Alpine and Nordic resorts have signed on for the 23/24 season, and limited quantities of passes will be released for sale starting on October 10th. Sales will be handled through the waitlist process, which is open for registration. A list of new resorts and blackout dates will also be announced on October 10th. This expansion pushes Indy Pass’ total to 170+ resorts across the Northern Hemisphere and further secures its standing as the fastest-growing multi-mountain pass in the world.

“We are pleased to announce this record number of new partners that will greatly expand our network of independently-owned resorts and preserve a wide-open authentic experience for all guests,” said Doug Fish, Indy Pass founder. “We’ve been working diligently during the off-season to add to our roster of independent resorts and create more capacity for passionate skiers and riders.”

Indy Pass' Erik Mogensen added, “We are serious about growing the Indy Pass and doing it responsibly. The remarkable addition of over 50 new partners across three continents allows us to offer an affordable option to more people. Skiing and riding should not be a luxury good.” 

Pass Pricing for this Special Release

All passes purchased are eligible to be split into two equal payments. 

• Indy Adult Base Pass $399 or two payments of $199.50
  • Indy+ Adult Pass $499 or two payments of $249.50
  • Indy Kids Base Pass $199 or two payments of $99.50
  • Indy+ Kids Pass $249 or two payments of $124.50
Indy AddOn Pass, exclusively for partner resort passholders:
  • Indy AddOn Adult Base Pass $279 or two payments of $139.50
  • Indy+ AddOn Adult Pass $379 or two payments of $189.50
  • Indy Kids AddOn Base Pass $139 or two payments of $69.50
  • Indy+ Kids AddOn Pass $179 or two payments of $89.50
Indy XC Pass 
  • Indy XC Pass Adult Pass $99 or two payments of $49.50
  • Indy XC Pass Kids Pass $49 or two payments of $24.50
  • Indy XC Pass Adult AddOn Pass $79 or two payments of $39.50
  • Indy XC Pass Kids AddOn Pass $39 or two payments of $19.50
Note: Indy Base Passes and Indy+ Passes allow access to all Alpine and cross-country resorts for two days. XC Pass allows two-day access to all cross-country resorts. Partner resort passholders may exclusively purchase Indy AddOn Passes.

Waitlist Sales to Commence on October 10

Indy Pass sales were halted in April 2023 due to overwhelming demand, and a waitlist was established to allow possible expansion. Individuals on that growing waitlist will receive a unique permission code via email. Permission codes will be sent in batches based on the original sign-up day, enabling the recipient to buy a pass beginning at 11:00 AM Eastern Time on October 10. Anyone who needs to sign up for the waitlist can do so at Indyskipass.com, holding their spot in line to purchase a 23/24 pass as they become available.

New Physical Pass and Indy Brand ID Coming in Early November 

For the first time, the Indy Pass will issue a physical RFID-enabled pass, with a handful of partners beta-testing direct-to-lift access. The traditional method of redeeming a visit using an ID at partner resorts will remain available for all passholders at all resorts. The physical passes will debut a streamlined and more recognizable logo. New digital experience tools will also support the new brand into 2024. 

Keith_Moon
6 months ago
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts
Cataloochee and Winterplace are also on Indy and within a day of DC.  Ober too, although I wouldn't recommend it.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago (edited 6 months ago)
3,250 posts

Keith_Moon wrote:

Cataloochee and Winterplace are also on Indy and within a day of DC.  Ober too, although I wouldn't recommend it.

While it's possible to drive from DC/NoVA to ski Cat and Winterplace, it doesn't really make sense to drive south.  Makes more sense to drive north to Montage.  Or even head to Catamount, Berkshire East, and/or West Mountain using Indy from DC.  I've skied at all these places.  Haven't made it to Ober yet.

I like Winterplace.  But it's only a 4-hour drive from Raleigh and all major highway so easy driving.  I took my daughter a few times when she was a tween and we were skiing weekends.  A couple times we skied Winterplace on Friday and then headed to Snowshoe for the SkiSE Summit, which is in early March.

kemperski - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago
Member since 11/10/2013 🔗
228 posts

Marz, thanks for posting that!  I had the Indy pass the last two years and I can't overemphasize what a great product it is.

I skied record early season powder at Tamarack and Brundage last year.  one of the best late season storms at Jay peak the year before..  I'm not certain if Jay is included this year?  And a lot of other great days.  I had assumed I would get an Indy pass this year but by the time I looked in May it was sold out

For various reasons I have already bought one of the evil passes,  but if yall can snag the Indy now you should   --- love the little places!!!

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago
3,250 posts

kemperski wrote:

Marz, thanks for posting that!  I had the Indy pass the last two years and I can't overemphasize what a great product it is.

I skied record early season powder at Tamarack and Brundage last year.  one of the best late season storms at Jay peak the year before..  I'm not certain if Jay is included this year?  And a lot of other great days.  I had assumed I would get an Indy pass this year but by the time I looked in May it was sold out

For various reasons I have already bought one of the evil passes,  but if yall can snag the Indy now you should   --- love the little places!!!

Yep, Jay is still on Indy.  In fact, the Ski Divas are going there for the Diva East gathering in mid-March and a few will use Indy.

I didn't have Indy last season but knew I wanted to explore a few new hills in the midwest this season so jumped on it in the spring.  Even though I skipped a season I could still get a renewal discount.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago (edited 6 months ago)
3,250 posts

For those willing to make the drive to NY or New England to use Indy, or as part of trip for Ikon/Epic, there are no blackout days in NY or VT.

Indy Pass adds 50+ Partners, Pass Sales Resume - NYSkiBlog, Oct. 10, 2023

New York and Vermont

Skaneateles Ski Club, Maple Ski Ridge and Garnet Hill Lodge join Catamount, Greek Peak, Snow Ridge, Swain, Titus, West Mountain and PeeknPeak to round out New York’s well distributed Indy Pass roster. Skaneateles Ski Club is joining as an allied member. Garnet Hill is nordic.

In Vermont Trapp Family Lodge has been added joining Woodstock, Rikert and Catamount nordic areas. Jay Peak, Bolton Valley, Saskadena Six, and Magic Mountain are all returning to the pass. There are no blackout days in New York or Vermont.

Keith_Moon
6 months ago
204 posts

I know generally people won't drive south, but you know, sometimes people take road trips focusing on whatever ski pass they have.  Those more southern resorts might fit into a trip that also includes destinations like Asheville, Boone, Blowing Rock, G-burg, Pigeon Forge, etc.

I always mention Winterplace because I think it gets overlooked in the general discussion of Mid-Atlantic resorts but often has better conditions that many others, is cheap, a very easy drive for people who hate twisty back roads, has easy parking, and since the 4 black runs and the blue snow bowl have a dedicated lift you can lap them all day without spending more than 5 minutes in a lift line, even on  Saturday.

marzNC wrote:

Keith_Moon wrote:

While it's possible to drive from DC/NoVA to ski Cat and Winterplace, it doesn't really make sense to drive south.  Makes more sense to drive north to Montage.  Or even head to Catamount, Berkshire East, and/or West Mountain using Indy from DC.  I've skied at all these places.  Haven't made it to Ober yet.

I like Winterplace.  But it's only a 4-hour drive from Raleigh and all major highway so easy driving.  I took my daughter a few times when she was a tween and we were skiing weekends.  A couple times we skied Winterplace on Friday and then headed to Snowshoe for the SkiSE Summit, which is in early March.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
6 months ago
3,250 posts

Keith_Moon wrote:

I know generally people won't drive south, but you know, sometimes people take road trips focusing on whatever ski pass they have.  Those more southern resorts might fit into a trip that also includes destinations like Asheville, Boone, Blowing Rock, G-burg, Pigeon Forge, etc.

I always mention Winterplace because I think it gets overlooked in the general discussion of Mid-Atlantic resorts but often has better conditions that many others, is cheap, a very easy drive for people who hate twisty back roads, has easy parking, and since the 4 black runs and the blue snow bowl have a dedicated lift you can lap them all day without spending more than 5 minutes in a lift line, even on  Saturday.

Agree that Winterplace is worthwhile partially because it's easy to reach.  Can be very crowded on weekends because they cater to groups.  the fact that there isn't a lift that isn't used by beginners makes it hard to get away from lift lines.  The parallel lifts that serve the harder terrain also serve a green trail.

https://www.winterplace.com/trail-map

Keith_Moon
6 months ago
204 posts

Yeah, I hear that but I've been there maybe a half a dozen times and I've never waited more than 10 minutes for that lift ever - even on a Saturday.  The beginners mostly stick to the main lifts and don't go to the one that services the black runs.

marzNC wrote:

Keith_Moon wrote:

Agree that Winterplace is worthwhile partially because it's easy to reach.  Can be very crowded on weekends because they cater to groups.  the fact that there isn't a lift that isn't used by beginners makes it hard to get away from lift lines.  The parallel lifts that serve the harder terrain also serve a green trail.

https://www.winterplace.com/trail-map

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?