Harper's Ferry Tubing Park
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
rbrtlav
11 months ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I noticed when I was driving back from Snowshoe over Memorial Day weekend that there was visible snowmaking from US-340 near the river riders park in Harpers Ferry.

Sure enough it looks like they put in a tubing park that was open for a few months this season. Hopefully they get a bit more cold weather in the next year, even if tubing isn't my go to activity it is nice to see more winter sports options in the area.

Scott - DCSki Editor
11 months ago
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
I interviewed the owner of the new tubing park this past February -- check out my interview here.
rbrtlav
11 months ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Scott wrote:

I interviewed the owner of the new tubing park this past February -- check out my interview here.

I somehow missed that post. 

It looks like they have invested in a nice setup. Hopefully with a bit of good weather they succeed. Location wise it’s a bit closer to some of the dc population and I know their summer business always seems to be busy.

Scott - DCSki Editor
11 months ago
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Yeah, it wasn't the best winter weather-wise for them to launch, but they managed to do pretty well.  Thankfully, it doesn't take as much snowmaking to open a tubing lane as a ski slope, so they should be able to open lanes pretty quickly after a cold snap.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?