12 posts
6 users
4k+ views
danimals
March 24, 2023
Member since 03/19/2019 🔗
18 posts

saminfo.com

It will be interesting to see what the improvements look like, and if the trails on the backside make a return.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 29, 2023
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
hmmm.  I feel like I've heard this story before.  Really hope they can make a go of it, would be nice to visit Asheville and zip up to a decent ski area.  
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
April 8, 2023
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

pagamony wrote:

hmmm.  I feel like I've heard this story before.  Really hope they can make a go of it, would be nice to visit Asheville and zip up to a decent ski area.  

Agree, pagamony. Wolf Ridge has the elevation, terrain, and respectable vertical by Southeast standards for good skiing. Snowmaking capacity definitely needs attention.

I skied Wolf Ridge for my first and only time (so far) back in 2021. Since few Wolf Ridge reports are posted on DCSki, here's a link to photos and descriptions from my week-long trip: Seven Ski Areas in the Southeast

Good luck to the new owners.

Woody

danimals
10 months ago
Member since 03/19/2019 🔗
18 posts

stormskiing.com

Looks like the new owners are going to change the name, revive the backside trails and lodge, and replace lifts. I wish them the best of luck.

Thefirewarde
8 months ago
Member since 09/17/2015 🔗
112 posts
35 new guns and 16" water mains are a serious step in the right direction. That could, for example, cover a run from the top of the double down to the base area at 75' gun spacing entirely with new equipment. That would mean Opening Day with the double to the lower summit, probably with the Quad to the midstation also. That'd be huge.
Keith_Moon
7 months ago (edited 7 months ago)
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts
Keith_Moon
6 months ago (edited 6 months ago)
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts

The new owners are posting on Facebook a lot.  Trying to keep my expectations low...

https://fb.watch/nj6flGEmRc/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Thefirewarde
5 months ago
Member since 09/17/2015 🔗
112 posts
They've got 30-odd automatic Demac fan guns coming this year along with major pipe work. That's huge. That's "Top of Double + Quad midstation to base" fully covered by automatic snowmaking, potentially.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 months ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,245 posts
I noticed they plan to open 5-9pm for night skiing every night.  Wonder how many trails?
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
5 months ago
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

New name is Hatley Pointe Boutique Mountain ResortI worry about how much more expensive the tickets will be because of the "e" in Pointe.

Here's the new website: hatleypointe.com

And the Facebook page, now with several video updates: facebook.com

Woody

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 months ago
3,245 posts

bousquet19 wrote:

New name is Hatley Pointe Boutique Mountain ResortI worry about how much more expensive the tickets will be because of the "e" in Pointe.

Here's the new website: hatleypointe.com

And the Facebook page, now with several video updates: facebook.com

Woody

Prices look reasonable to me.  Especially in comparison to Sugar.  The discounted rates are for seniors, military, and students.  Prices are a bit higher than nearby Cataloochee, but Hatley is closer to Asheville and right off I-25.  Cat is on the Indy Pass and has a very loyal local following.

1699385333_oauxpbcaaagv.jpg

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
5 months ago
3,245 posts

SkiSE is moving to Discord from the obsolete software that's been used for the forum for a while.  Hard to say if the Hatley Pointe channel will take off or not.

SkiSE Discord channel for Hatley Pointe

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?