7 posts
6 users
1k+ views
KevR
November 30, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
"Proposed Opening date - Friday Dec 10 "

Any others? Whitetail webcams show dirt.
snowcone
November 30, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Now that's going to be interesting ... seeing a whole lot of green on their web cams! Then again, most of the resorts get one run covered with a couple of inches and style themselves as 'Open'. But, hey, I'm getting so desperate that even the kiddy runs and Magic Carpet are starting to look good!!!
skidmo
November 30, 2004
Member since 10/10/2003 🔗
32 posts
I was starting to get bummed about the weather and then I went and checked last year's threads at this time. We had the same problem last year -- End of November, no end to the warmth in sight. If I recall correctly, it did eventually get cold and snow was both made and had. I think the snow started coming last year about mid-december. With the warm weather we're currently having, that mid december date seems both so far away and yet eerily close at the same time.
TOMF
November 30, 2004
Member since 11/17/2003 🔗
60 posts
I was up at Snowshoe last Saturday to look around. What I could see at the top (the bunny slope served by the Skidder lift) was well covered with man-made snow. It was cold and wintery. I came away feeling encouraged. The SS website now says that opening day will be this Friday, Dec. 3.

Hey Scott, I've passed the 20 post threshold. Aren't I due for a promotion to regular member?

Tom
KevR
November 30, 2004
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Dec 3 seems good to me... but what will be open? Is it worth the drive now?
kennedy
November 30, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
SS will have essentially 1 run top to bottom, maybe one or two more by the end of the weekend. Worth 5 hours drive and 2 nights lodging, not really, but part of me really wants to believe that it is.
David
December 1, 2004
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Quote:

Hey Scott, I've passed the 20 post threshold. Aren't I due for a promotion to regular member?

If I remember correctly I think once you make it to 25 you get promoted. I know how you feel, it seems to be taking me forever to lose the name Junior.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?