Any DCSkiers to Be At TImberline or CV
13 posts
6 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 26, 2021 (edited February 26, 2021)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Between (Tues) 9-12 (Fri) March

or

Between 16-19 March

The Colonel aka MorganB

kwillg6
February 28, 2021
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Morgan, I am usually there midweek as a skier and not as an instructor.  I'm at CVR on Friday, Sat, Sun teaching.  
Evans Dad - DCSki Supporter 
March 2, 2021
Member since 01/27/2021 🔗
59 posts
We are headed up tonight and skiing thru Friday (3/2-3/5).  We'll be wrangling a 4yo in a blue and orange HH jacket- if you spot us stop us and say hi!
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 2, 2021
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Evans Dad wrote:

We are headed up tonight and skiing thru Friday (3/2-3/5).  We'll be wrangling a 4yo in a blue and orange HH jacket- if you spot us stop us and say hi!

I won't be there, but are you going to Timberline or CV?

March 6, 2021
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

The Colonel wrote:

or

Between 16-19 March

The Colonel aka MorganB

March 6, 2021 (edited March 6, 2021)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

The Colonel wrote:

The Colonel wrote:

or

Between 16-19 March

MThe Colonel aka MorganB

Good news, bad news!

I became an official member of the “80+” ski club on March 2.  Have had my 2nd Moderna shot two weeks ago. Am ready to try to get my boots and skis on at TLM .  Supposed to be there Tuesday-Fri this coming week!!....???oops, on March 1 I fell in a parking lot: banged myself up a bit, but worse cut my left middle finger across mid knuckle requiring stitches and splinting!  Splint removed yesterday, stitches out in a week.  Hopefully things will be limber enough that I can give TLM a go around the 15th for a couple half days.  As stiff as I have been getting, I figured this would be an effort without my fall and cuts.  Cross your fingers for me!

The Colonel aka MorganB

PS: Way to go Wahoos, won the regular season ACC Basketball Season!

March 8, 2021
59 posts

marzNC wrote:

Evans Dad wrote:

Oh sorry I missed this, but we were at TLM but stayed at a cabin at CV.

We had a great time.  Evan had another 1hr lesson with Monica (who is awesome btw-highly recommended for a little one).  He is skiing parallel and doing laps on Salamander after only 5 or 6 days this year! 

March 8, 2021
59 posts
I forgot to say how pleased I was at the snow quality at TL.  I didn't encounter any ice on any groomed trails we skied on after all the rain and thaw-freeze cycles.  I thought that was pretty amazing. 
wgo
March 8, 2021
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Awesome to hear. So important to get kids started off with solid lessons. When my son started 11 years ago as a 4 year old, he had great instruction over several days at Smuggler's Notch. Also great to hear about the snow quality at TL.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 8, 2021
3,246 posts

Evans Dad wrote:

marzNC wrote:

Evans Dad wrote:

Oh sorry I missed this, but we were at TLM but stayed at a cabin at CV.

We had a great time.  Evan had another 1hr lesson with Monica (who is awesome btw-highly recommended for a little one).  He is skiing parallel and doing laps on Salamander after only 5 or 6 days this year! 

No problem.  I was just curious.

How was the cabin?  I'd really like to spend a few days in Davis next season after Tline is 100% open.  While day trips from Mnut are possible, it's a lot of driving.  The high speed lift means a lot of skiing.  Good fun but not having to drive afterwards would make it even better.

March 9, 2021
59 posts
Cabin was adequate.  Nice fireplace, good enough kitchen and furnishings for us and our 2 big dogs.  We typically stay at Black Bear in one of their pedestal cabins but they were booked solid even mid-week. 
Gibou Skier
March 9, 2021
Member since 12/9/2019 🔗
22 posts
Was there yesterday. First time I’ve been to TL. Excellent conditions, was still plenty of coverage on the trails. You should have nice skiing in the mornings (before things slush up too much) this week. 
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 9, 2021
3,246 posts

Evans Dad wrote:

Cabin was adequate.  Nice fireplace, good enough kitchen and furnishings for us and our 2 big dogs.  We typically stay at Black Bear in one of their pedestal cabins but they were booked solid even mid-week. 

Thanks!  I stayed in a cabin at another WV park quite a while ago.  The CV cabins look a bit nicer.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.