3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Keith_Moon
January 17, 2021
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts

Folks,

Gonna take the fam and ski Wintergreen next Saturday for the first time in a few years.  The Highlands are open and we've never skied them before, and my kids have never been to WG at all.  We've only ever been there before on a bus tour; this will be the first time I drive.  We will stay in Waynesboro Friday night so it shouodn't be too hard to get there early Saturday.  Any tips for parking, or using their new RFID system?  There are supposed to be kiosks (or something like that) where we pick up the RFID cards.  Anyone go there recently?  For years I have lamented that they seem to get shafted weather-wise, but it looks like they finally have good conditions.  TIA

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
January 17, 2021
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts
I would sometimes park at Discovery Place.  Then go straight onto to Eagle Swoop. But don't know if the restrooms and locker room there is open.  When I needed to get a ticket, I'd park near the ticket/rental building first.  Then decide whether or not to move the car before booting up.
The19thHole
January 17, 2021
Member since 06/29/2015 🔗
85 posts

There is an RFID kiosk right outside the main ticket window, outside the ski rental building. Short term parking is available near the kiosk, but it fills up quickly with people who park there longer than they should.

Parking is probably going to depend on skiing ability. If you park down at tubing, you have to walk up to beginning skiing and down to intermediate/expert skiing. The upstairs restrooms in the tubing building are closed, downstairs are open.

Or you can park in the main parking lot at the top of the village, boot up, walk over to the ticket kiosk, then out to the beginner slopes at the top of Dobie. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?