My upcoming focus
9 posts
4 users
916 views
Crush
10 months ago (edited 10 months ago)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,026 posts

Just so you know - I'll report in on how this works out but looking forward to sub-9 meter pure-carved turns.

1605480535_ajezaecfmhpl.jpg

Denis - DCSki Supporter
10 months ago (edited 10 months ago)
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,225 posts
These skis?  

https://www.highgskis.com/about.html

Cool.  It is indeed fun to lay down parallel grooves on a groomed surface.  I’ve watched Eric do it.  Yet, in the Sierra, after the big storms, the ones measured in feet not inches, it’s even more fun to surf deep powder IMHO.  It’s opposite ends of the spectrum.  All skiing is fun.  I have a quiver ranging from a 63 mm waist to 125.  My physical capability is declining, but I can still throw money and equipment at the problem. 😀
ZARDOG
10 months ago
Member since 10/25/2020 🔗
78 posts
hey Crush  :o)  
Crush
10 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,026 posts

Denis wrote:

These skis?  


Cool.  It is indeed fun to lay down parallel grooves on a groomed surface.  I’ve watched Eric do it.  Yet, in the Sierra, after the big storms, the ones measured in feet not inches, it’s even more fun to surf deep powder IMHO.  It’s opposite ends of the spectrum.  All skiing is fun.  I have a quiver ranging from a 63 mm waist to 125.  My physical capability is declining, but I can still throw money and equipment at the problem. 😀

 Ha ha Denis it is not a "decline" just being a little crafty'er - I do the same now I just dropped off my Volkl Dragon Slayers at the Incline Village thrift store as reality dictated "ain't no mo zipper lines for you" ! I like to torture myself by switch between say my Blizzard Bonafides and one of my Palmer's - first day usually slamming lol but it is good for body and brain to switch it up.

E-

Crush
10 months ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,026 posts

ZARDOG wrote:

hey Crush  :o)  

 So when are you going to visit us in Lake Tahoe? I think you'd like it!!!!

Vermont
10 months ago
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts
Sounds cool Crush, arc em or park em to the next level, another way to have fun, looking forward to hearing/seeing how it goes, I am looking forward to try some new Volks with 3D sidecut, will make groomers more interesting, have fun 
Crush
10 months ago (edited 10 months ago)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,026 posts

Vermont wrote:

Sounds cool Crush, arc em or park em to the next level, another way to have fun, looking forward to hearing/seeing how it goes, I am looking forward to try some new Volks with 3D sidecut, will make groomers more interesting, have fun 

 W00T ! looks like that will provide a lively plank underfoot ( yessss - think rebound )   I bet it will ride like an old glass K2 with a frickin' hemi strapped on to it! It shall be bitchin' !

Denis - DCSki Supporter
10 months ago
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,225 posts

Cool demos

i can feel the arc already.

Vermont
10 months ago
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts

Crush wrote:

Vermont wrote:

Sounds cool Crush, arc em or park em to the next level, another way to have fun, looking forward to hearing/seeing how it goes, I am looking forward to try some new Volks with 3D sidecut, will make groomers more interesting, have fun 

 W00T ! looks like that will provide a lively plank underfoot ( yessss - think rebound )   I bet it will ride like an old glass K2 with a frickin' hemi strapped on to it! It shall be bitchin' 

sounds cool!  Suzy an old friend, psia examiner/ Volkl rep said I will really enjoy them! digging your enthusiasm, can’t wait to turn em

 

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?

Join the conversation by logging in.

Don't have an account? Create one here.

0.14 seconds