Brand New DCSki Launching Soon: Some Administrative Notes
3 posts
3 users
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 22, 2020
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts

Hey folks!

I'm pleased to announce that the launch of the all-new DCSki is nearly upon us.  Unless I hit any unforeseen roadblocks, the new site should go on-line sometime on Friday, October 23.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some administrative notices.

The new site is running on a brand new server, and I've taken care to transfer all content over from the old site to the new.  When you visit the new site, you should find all of your past direct messages and any other content that you've shared.

Although I've done as much engineering as possible to minimize the "switchover" time from the old site to the new, it won't be instantaneous, so there might be a brief outage during the upgrade.  I might also need to disable comment posting on the current DCSki shortly before the upgrade process begins, to ensure that no posts are lost.

When the new site is launched, you will likely need to re-login.  If you've forgotten your password, there is a process to reset it.  You can always reach out directly to me if you have any trouble logging into the new site.

The new site will have a message thread where you can post any issues or bugs that you notice.  I've tried to perform as much testing as possible, but I'm sure some bugs will slip through, as it's difficult to test for every situation and I've written tens of thousands of lines of new code for the new site.  So please be patient as we work through any glitches.

Thanks for your patience as I've worked on the new site!  It's been a large undertaking, but if I'm successful you won't notice that -- the new site will immediately feel comfortable, but with a modern infrastructure, cleaner design, and renewed focus on producing engaging content.  I hope the launch is smooth and that you enjoy the new site.  As always, I appreciate each of you and the contributions you make to the DCSki community.

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 22, 2020 (edited October 22, 2020)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

And Scott, from all past, present and future DCSkiers,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

The Colonel aka MORGANB

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
October 22, 2020
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

Yes. Great to have this site for Mid-Atlantic skiers. I hope the local resorts provide you support.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.