DCSki Site Redesign: Sneak Peak
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
July 29, 2007
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
The lack of new articles on DCSki may make it look like I've been relaxing this summer, but in fact, my nose has been to the grindstone redesigning DCSki. All of that work is behind the scenes for now, but you'll see the result when the redesigned site is launched this fall. I think (and hope!) you'll like it.

Most existing features will still be intact (often with enhancements), but the overall site design will be simpler and less cluttered. In some cases I've spent hours going through pixel-by-pixel to get just the right look and layout. If I'm successful, the design will be wholly unremarkable but very comfortable and easily navigable.

Here's a "sneak peak" of a page on the new site:

RobertW
July 29, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Looks great! Just another reason why I can't wait for Fall.

Nice to see someone else working at 11:30 on a Sunday night \:\)
snowcone
July 31, 2007
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
That looks gee-oor-jus! I'm impressed! I know how much work goes into one of these sites and you, as always, have a totally classy one. Well done!

Snowcone - the webmistress
kwillg6
August 1, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Sweet! Good deal Scott. Does this mean I have to pay more to be a supporter???? (just kidding)
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
August 1, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Scott,
Once again want to let you know how much we DCSkiers appreciate your efforts to keep the site up to date.
Can not wait to see the finished product!
Did you include a spell check capability?
Between your post and the Ski Chalet notice I just received via email about the "Dilly In Chantilly" I can just begin to feel the snow under my feet!
The Colonel \:\)
Scott - DCSki Editor
August 4, 2007
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Here's another sneak peak at the upcoming DCSki site redesign:

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.