|Vertical drop:||650 feet|
|Base elevation:||1,850 feet|
|Peak elevation:||2,500 feet|
|Longest run:||1 mile|
Ski Denton receives a lot of natural snow each winter - usually over 100 inches annually - which helps draw skiers to its remote location in northcentral PA. Commercial skiing at Ski Denton dates back to the 1950’s. The area was first operated by Pennsylvania’s park service. Today, Ski Denton is still part of Denton Hill State Park but is operated by a concessionaire.
You will rarely find crowds at Ski Denton, but you will find a good variety of terrain. Most trails are geared towards beginners and intermediates, but the Avalanche trail, with a 66-degree pitch, is the steepest trail in the area. A gladed trail leading into the Avalanche (and sharing its pitch), The Extreme, is rated a triple black diamond. Less adventuresome skiers and boarders will find plenty of trails within their ability level, including two green trails that wind down the mountain for more than a mile.
Getting to Ski Denton
|Wind Speed:||7 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Mar 7, 2014 at 12 pm
|Variable Conditions||12-12" base||17 of 22 trails open
2 of 4 lifts open
News about Ski Denton
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
- December 6, 2007 - If you live in the Mid-Atlantic, you’ll have your pick of several dozen resorts to ski or snowboard at this weekend. DCSki provides a complete breakdown of opening-day plans for resorts from North Carolina up through northern Pennsylvania. Cold temperatures and natural snow have produced remarkable early-season conditions.
- March 20, 2007 - The season isn’t over - far from it. Thanks to a dumping of natural snow this past weekend, many mid-Atlantic ski areas are in prime form as the end of March nears. A few resorts have thrown in the towel, but the majority of mid-Atlantic resorts will remain open through this weekend, with some aiming to stay open until April 1 or later. DCSki provides a complete roundup as of March 20, 2007.
No future events at this time.
Ski Denton Webcams
Forum Topics Related to Ski Denton
Updated 9 years ago by Roger Z