|Vertical drop:||700 feet|
|Longest run:||5,100 feet|
Shawnee Mountain makes snow - a lot of it - and usually claims the earliest Poconos season opening date. The resort is one of the most popular in the Poconos and also has a great reputation as a family resort. As a result of Shawnee’s popularity, expect lift lines on holidays and weekends. Shawnee is located near the New Jersey border.
Beginners and intermediates will feel most at home at Shawnee, with plenty of beginner terrain near the base lodge. Shawnee has a strong Ski School offering a number of programs, including many focused towards kids. Shawnee also features a Snow Tubing Park with 6 lanes, serviced by two carpet lifts.
Snowboarders will find two terrain parks at Shawnee. Shawnee was one of the first east coast resorts to cater to snowboarders.
In 2010, Shawnee Mountain installed its first high-speed quad chairlift. In 2011, Shawnee expanded its snow grooming fleet with the purchase of two new Snow Cats.
Getting to Shawnee Mountain
|Wind Speed:||17 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Snow conditions currently unavailable.
News about Shawnee Mountain
- December 27, 2012 - A shot of cold air and some natural snow has helped launch the 2012-2013 winter season in a big way. Find out the status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- November 12, 2011 - Two new Piston Bully Snow Cats are joining Shawnee Mountain’s snow grooming fleet this winter.
- November 6, 2010 - Shawnee Mountain has installed its first high-speed quad, which will whisk skiers and boarders to the top of the Pennsylvania mountain beginning this winter. The new chairlift is the centerpiece of $5 million in capital improvements made over the summer.
- November 15, 2009 - The Twitter microblogging service allows individuals and companies to create and share short text-based updates called “Tweets.” Over a dozen ski areas in the mid-Atlantic region have created a presence on Twitter, using Twitter to post announcements and information. DCSki now captures these updates and makes them readily available to skiers and boarders, whether or not they have their own Twitter account.
- November 8, 2009 - Shawnee Mountain has added a new Tubing Carpet lift, a new Snow Cat, and expanded its Rental Shop, fortifying its standing as one of the largest ski and snowboard rental facilities in the U.S.
No future events at this time.
Shawnee Mountain Webcam
Note: Webcam images may not be up to date.
Forum Topics Related to Shawnee Mountain
No messages to display.