Where skiers type.
Home
Snowshoe gets its brewery - Old Spruce
8 posts from 6 users
Updated 2 months ago
735 views
Jump to Newest Post
marzNC - DCSki Supporter
2 months ago

Very neat that someone knew enough about the realities of Snowshoe as a destination resort to invest the time and money it took to creat a truly unique reason for people to head to Snowshoe.

This paragraph caught my eye.  True 4-season vacationers are the target market for Alterra, Vail Resorts, Boyne Resorts, and most, if not all, the larger ski resorts within driving distance of larger metropolitan areas.

“While the spring season is admittedly slow, the summers at Snowshoe are getting stronger and stronger. The resort seems to have some kind of festival, music, or sports event nearly every weekend all summer and fall. The fall foliage leaf peepers add to the visitor counts through early October. Ski season kicks in at Thanksgiving and runs to March. Hawthorne Valley golf links is one of the most dramatic courses east of the Mississippi. Snowshoe’s mountain biking scene is growing fast and has greatly boosted warm-weather business. It promises to get even stronger with Snowshoe Highlands’ resent Ride Centerdesignation by the International Mountain Bicycling Association. That means the association recognizes it as one of the nation’s exceptional mountain bike destinations.”

2 months ago
Any word on whether the draft house in the village will still be open?
2 months ago

He got his ABC licesne Friday and news that opening was 1pm Saturday quickly spread. Happy to say I was one of the first paying customers Saturday.  The building layout and decor are great.  Upstairs not quite ready but will have a whiskey bar and game area.  Draft House will close after UCI World Cup race weekend.

2 months ago

Bonzski wrote:

He got his ABC licesne Friday and news that opening was 1pm Saturday quickly spread. Happy to say I was one of the first paying customers Saturday.  The building layout and decor are great.  Upstairs not quite ready but will have a whiskey bar and game area.  Draft House will close after UCI World Cup race weekend.

Where is it exactly?  Can you walk from SilverCreek or do you have to take the shuttle?

2 months ago

It’s literally right next door to that ski shop when you turn off Snowshoe Dr and head up to SC.  It would be a bit of a hike to walk from SC to the brewery

2 months ago

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

It’s literally right next door to that ski shop when you turn off Snowshoe Dr and head up to SC.  It would be a bit of a hike to walk from SC to the brewery

Yes next to Snowcreek Mountain Sports shop. Currently there’s a shuttle stop at this shops parking lot, short walk from brewery.

2 months ago

Bonzski wrote:

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

It’s literally right next door to that ski shop when you turn off Snowshoe Dr and head up to SC.  It would be a bit of a hike to walk from SC to the brewery

Yes next to Snowcreek Mountain Sports shop. Currently there’s a shuttle stop at this shops parking lot, short walk from brewery.

It would be a long walk from anywhere to get to the new brewery, even in the summer. 

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Snow reason not to share.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.20 seconds