Catch a vowel, not an edge.
Home
New "Mountain"
6 posts from 4 users
Updated 3 months ago
950 views
Jump to Newest Post
3 months ago

Surprised nobody on this board has picked up on this trash news….

No Mountain? No Problem

3 months ago

Whatever happened to the one that was being built in New Jersey?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
3 months ago

wgo wrote:

Whatever happened to the one that was being built in New Jersey?

Completion for American Dream in NJ has been pushed back to “late summer” 2019.  Plenty of construction has been happening in the last year.  Drove by last summer and could see the building from the highway.

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/03/american-dream-mega-mall-officially-announces-a-late-summer-opening.html

3 months ago

marzNC wrote:

wgo wrote:

Whatever happened to the one that was being built in New Jersey?

Completion for American Dream in NJ has been pushed back to “late summer” 2019.  Plenty of construction has been happening in the last year.  Drove by last summer and could see the building from the highway.

https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/03/american-dream-mega-mall-officially-announces-a-late-summer-opening.html

I drove by it nearly 10 years ago and it looked ready to go way back then..

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
3 months ago

crgildart wrote:

I drove by it nearly 10 years ago and it looked ready to go way back then..

A building existed a decade ago, but most of it wasn’t done by the current developer.  Lots of changes in the plan over the last decade.  The current developer built and operates the Mall of America and the West Edmonton Mall.  The Mall of America took about seven years to plan and build back in the 1980s-90s.  At this stage, my guess it that it’s a matter of typical construction delays for large projects that’s holding up American Dream in NJ.

Last summer I could easily spot the section of the building that will have the indoor snow slope.  Now there are sections of the waterpark that stick outside the building.  There are plenty of major retailers that have committed in the last year or two.

3 months ago

The Mall of America also had to deal with the demolition of TWO major sports league facilities.  XaniDreamWhatever’s been one failure after annother since 2003.  You’d think that being the ONLY facility of it’s kind in the entirity of North America would be enough motivation and invstment incentive to have had it up and running well before 2010.

Shout it from a mountaintop.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.19 seconds