Work $uk$ or how is it out there while I slave away?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Bumps
March 7, 2015
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts

My ski plans for end of this week got blown up by some work issues I have to babysit.  I was looking at snowshoe CAM and looked a little crustier then I expected. Anyone out there with some live reports?

crgildart
March 7, 2015
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

We just finished adding a new master bedroom suite on to the house that results in one kid moving to our old bedroom so both kids have their own rooms.  Of course that means repainting the rest of the house, sanding and refinishing the hardwood for the rest of the house, and then new furniture for all of the above.  My ski time and ski money is pretty much gone for the rest of the season.  We did get a bonus of enough real snow in Durham to grab a couple more short laps down the block while the power was out and I couldn't work/earn money to pay for all of the above.  Might sneak off for ome more day later this month if anyone is still open by the time we get the house put back together and furnished.  Regardless, it was a good season, just never enough ski days this far away from the mountains. 

rbrtlav
March 7, 2015
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Got out to liberty last night...from what I understand it was amazing most of the day. When I got there around 3:30 conditions ranged from powder to concrete like ice and by the time I left at 7 is was primarily concrete like ice like I have never seen there before. Got 15 or so runs in.. Would've like to got more, but decided it wasn't worth getting hurt. Hopefully the warm up and the grooming magic well soften it up a bit. They have sections with 6+ feet of snow.. So they can still get 2-3 more weeks if they can break up the ice.

I'm hoping to get to whitetail tomorrow at opening... Hopefully with the time change it will be quiet for most of the am

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.