7Springs vs. Hidden Valley?
3 posts
3 users
5k+ views
skiobsessed
November 27, 2014
Member since 03/10/2008 🔗
80 posts

I found a pretty good "White Friday Sale" for 2 nights of lodging and 2 days of skiing at either 7Springs and Hidden Valley.  There seems to be about a $50.00 difference between the two resorts ($224.00 vs $172.00 per person, double occupancy).  I've been to 7Springs a half dozen times but haven't really been to Hidden Valley.  Is the $50.00 difference worth it to stay and ski at 7Springs?  Or is the savings substantial enough to steer most people towards Hidden Valley?  Are the crowds about the same for both?  I remember the intersection of Wagner/Fawn Lane/Phillip's Run to be quite hectic on weekends...

Thanks and have a great ski season to all!

Darwin

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
November 28, 2014
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

If you've been to 7S, give HV a try. It's quieter, but the restaurant has not opened yet. So if you're looking for night life, go to 7s. I will say we have beautiful conditions at HV. It has been snowing since early this afternoon and I would guess we have received at least 5" of fresh pow on top of the 4" we received on Wednesday. And it is still snowing here @ 2:00AM.

jimmy
November 28, 2014
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts

If you are going for the skiing, go with the 7 Springs package. If you are trying to save money then give Hidden Valley a shot. Last time we did a "trip" to 7 Springs we rented a condo at Hidden Valley and drove to 7 Springs to ski. 

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.