Can't wait! ... click today!
4 posts
4 users
snowcone
October 19, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Can't wait for our local hills to start looking like this! Go to ... http://www.alta.com/Frames/snow_report_mtncam.htm ... and click on the cam in the lower right hand (Mount Superior Cam). YUMMY!!!

I don't recall, but did Scott have a list of local cams last winter? Sure would be nice to have at least one cam for every local hill. Which brings up the subject as to why Snowshoe and 7 Springs don't have cams. Anybody know?
kennedy
October 19, 2004
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
7 Springs usually have a bunch of cams up during the season but I know Snowshoe just has daily shots and to be honest I would prefer if they had a live cam of some key areas like Cupp Run, Widowmaker Terrain parks etc. I always look at the cams rather than read the ski report and having someone take a photo is too subjective, it's very easy to make conditions look better than they are if you have time to take a few choice shots and just post what looks best.
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 19, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Can't wait for our local hills to start looking like this! Go to ... http://www.alta.com/Frames/snow_report_mtncam.htm ... and click on the cam in the lower right hand (Mount Superior Cam). YUMMY!!!

I don't recall, but did Scott have a list of local cams last winter? Sure would be nice to have at least one cam for every local hill. Which brings up the subject as to why Snowshoe and 7 Springs don't have cams. Anybody know?

Yup -- there's a "Web Cams" link on the main menu of DCSki. There's a listing of all the live web cams I could find as of a couple months ago. The list will undoubtedly grow as the season approaches.

- Scott
Roy
October 20, 2004
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I tried to look at it but it was all black. Of course it was 4:50 am their time so maybe I should wait until the sun comes up.

Weather Channel is showing pictures of the snow in Tahoe.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?