1. When they leave there skies lying down on slopes instead of in racks

2. They are too loud when walking inside with there boots on

3. Middle aged men (or worse) with beer bellies in lycra racing suits
JR
October 5, 2004
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
You forgot:

4. When they perform a "stand in the middle of a slope and look up the hill so people think they have friends that they're waiting on" and form a virtual blockade

5.When you arrive at the slope after a night of fresh snowfall only to see the beginners in their flying V snowplow scraping every last bit of powder off the sides expposing yesterdays packed ice.

As for not letting skiers or snowboarders on particular slopes I don't think so. I do think they should start clipping tickets from anyone if they go on black diamonds or steep blues and scrape off the snow because they can't make a real turn. There is nothing more annoying than that let me tell ya.
SeaRide
October 5, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
You also forgot:

6. When they carry the skis and the poles around people, watch out for pole tips or the ski tip as it may whack your body part or poke your face.

7. Watch out for those falling pole(s) from the lift chairs up above.
Cliff
October 5, 2004
Member since 09/21/2004 🔗
22 posts
shearer519
October 5, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
8. When they bomb the mountain and cut it to close to me riding over the back of my board and take me out they continue down the mountain like nothing happened. Ok this only happened once tome but it pissed me off
Murphy
October 5, 2004
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
When they pull up beside a snowboarder on a narrow trail with slow moving traffic ahead. Without doing a jump-slide, it's vitually impossible for a snowboarder to slow down if they can't turn.
SeaRide
October 5, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
Quote:

When they pull up beside a snowboarder on a narrow trail with slow moving traffic ahead. Without doing a jump-slide, it's vitually impossible for a snowboarder to slow down if they can't turn.

Durphy, Sorry to rain on your parade. It's possible for a snowboarder to slow down without turning and that's called tail riding or tail hooking. That shows how much you know about snowboarding, hrrummf.
Murphy
October 5, 2004
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Thanks for the pointer, maybe you can show me some day.
ICEHOCEY77
October 8, 2004
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
17 posts
Quote:

You forgot:

4. When they perform a "stand in the middle of a slope and look up the hill so people think they have friends that they're waiting on" and form a virtual blockade

much like those lovely snowboarders, who decided to just plop down in the middle of trail for no reason.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?