Conditions at Liberty
4 posts
2 users
(Anonymous)
February 25, 2002
I want to go to Liberty tomorrow. Anyone visit on Monday? How are conditions?

My daughter did Whitney's Way a couple of weeks ago for the first time and she wants to show me. I was at Roundtop 2 weeks ago and it was great.

Thoughts, opinions?

(Anonymous)
February 25, 2002
Do you like spring skiing in mud? Last weekend was pretty pathetic with lots of bare spots. Hard to get through the bottom of Whitney's Way as there wasn't much snow between the mud puddles. Besides, the ski nazis were ruining the fun by yelling at everyone.
(Anonymous)
February 26, 2002
I Went to Roundtop today from 9-12:30. The conditions as expected were soupy. A lot of slush throughout the day. There couldn't be more than 40 people there. Spent most of the day on Minuteman. Started to see brown on the upper right side late. The bottom was rutted and extremely slow and browning rapidly.

Susquehanna was awful. A choice between ice, slush, and mud puddles.

Lower Laf. was really slushy too!

Luckily, I don't ski Ram-rod. Almost the entire left side (looking down) had dirt showing.

Fife and Drum looked good. However, the F&D lift wasn't open contrary to the web site. I was a little torqued about that, because I planned on warming up there and then, proceeding to Minutemen. Instead we warmed up Drummer Boy and Fanny Hill (boy that lift is slooooooooowww!)

Over-all not great, but still better than being at work.

Hopefully, the cold spell will allow them (and Liberty) to make some snow. My daughter and my next visit is free (6th visit free with the advantage card).

twin58
February 27, 2002
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
I'm on the Liberty e-mail list. Today it said:

>>
Today At liberty: Cold weather is moving back into our area today. Snowmaking began at 3:00am and will continue all day today. Most of the Backside trails are closed for snowmaking today, reopen tomorrow morning. All open trails groomed last night.
<<

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?