Stranger?
7 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 23, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,344 posts
Today I saw someone with 4 posts labelled a junior member, while I am listed as a stranger. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but I was wondering how that worked.
tgd
September 23, 2004
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I've been wondering the same thing.
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 23, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
Quote:

Today I saw someone with 4 posts labelled a junior member, while I am listed as a stranger. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but I was wondering how that worked.

<Sigh.> It's my fault -- I forgot to change user titles when I last upgraded the message forum software. The forums automatically list a title for a user based on how many posts they've made. The default title for someone who has posted less than 25 messages is "stranger." I don't like that title, so I've always changed it to "New Member". But it took me a week or two to remember to change it during the last upgrade, so anyone that registered during that time period was stuck with the old titles.

The current titles are "New Member" until you've made 25 posts; "Junior Member" from posts 25-50; "Member" from posts 50-100; and "Senior Member" beyond that.

There are also some custom titles; I went and changed the titles for DCSki Columnists to show that they're DCSki Columnists. And, in the future, when I add a "Support DCSki" feature, any contributors will also be identified as DCSki Supports in the forums.

The "easy" way to go and fix the temporary titles (e.g., "stranger") unfortunately blows away any custom titles, so I didn't have a chance to fix the titles. However, you reminded me that I've been meaning to fix this, so I just went and tinkered with the database to change any "stranger" into a "New Member." So now none of us should be strangers.

- Scott
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 23, 2004
2,344 posts
Thanks, Scott. I really was just commenting. There is a certain romance in being a "stranger", kind of like being the hero in one of those Clint Eastwood westerns.
snowcone
September 24, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Are you sure 'Senior member' is over 100 posts? ... maybe its 200? The reason I mention this is that I have posted over 150 times and still have the category of 'member'. Not that it matters ... just curious after this last post of yours.

Saw your request for fall colors on another thread ... sounds like a great idea to take the bikes to the mountains for a long weekend. I gonna try to convince my better half ; he -really- does need to get away, he's beginning to implode with work.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 24, 2004
2,344 posts
Another one. Why are there 5 stars next to my name. I presume this is a good thing. If not, you don't have to tell me.
shearer519
September 24, 2004
149 posts
I also noticed a problem I am onver 25 post but I am still listed as a new member
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?