2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
shearer519
September 16, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
Scott,

First off I would like to thank you on all the hard work you have put into this site. DCSki has truly become the premier Mid Atlantic skiing web site. With this in mind I was wondering if it isn't time to consider adding some of the missing Mid Atlantic ski areas to the site. I remember a while back some one else brought this up and you said that when you decided what resorts to put in you did it based on weather a person from DC would likely to ski there. Now that the site has become the go to site for mid Atlantic ski areas it maybe time to add the other resorts. While a person from DC might not likely go skiing a lot of these places a person who comes across this site who lives in North Carolina or central PA may be very interested in the other areas. I made a list of all the missing areas I could find below.

PA areas
Mountain View
Blue Marsh
Boyce Park
Ski Big Bear
Ski Sawmill
Spring Mountain
Tanglewood
Eagle Rock
Tussey Mountain
Willowbrook
Treasure lake(snow tube only)
Snowzone(snow tube and jump park only)

NC areas
Appalachian
Cataloochee
Hawksnest
Sapphire Valley
Wolf Laurel
Scaly Mountain(snow tube only)

While I am not saying that every resort should be listed I am saying that a lot of these areas can be big players for skiing in their respective areas. I would think a page with at least their stats and a link to their home page would be appropriate. Often times these smaller areas are the cheapest. I person who is looking for a cheep afternoon of skiing may be very interested in some of these places.
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 16, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi shearer519,

I will try to set up a section listing the smaller areas in the Mid-Atlantic sometime in the next couple of months. I probably won't be able to have full-blown resort profiles, but can at least have stats and links, as you suggest.

Thanks,

- Scott
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.