Annapolis Area Ski Shops
8 posts
7 users
4k+ views
cheechman32
September 12, 2004
Member since 09/12/2004 🔗
27 posts
I'm new to the area and need to pick up some new ski boots. Can anyone recommend a quality local retailer in the Annapolis area (ie Baltimore & DC).
EasternSkiBum
September 13, 2004
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
First let me say welcome to Annapolis! U can always check out Ski Haus on Rt. 50 for starters. Then of course Ski Shoppe Ltd. in Reisterstown is a local friendly shop with good knowledge.

But now I'll give you my true bias.... Ski Center on Mass. Ave. in DC has the best selection and ability to truly fit you. They are capable of all the custom work you could need. They do many of the local instructors, patrolers, and racers. It's a long drive but worth it.

BTW... Liberty is your closest resort to the area. It's a 1.5 hr. (85 mi.) drive.
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 13, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
I can second the recommendation for Ski Center -- a great, family-owned business with a lot of experience in bootfitting. One of their employees is Brian Eardley, who has ranked as one of the best bootfitters in the nation by Ski Magazine . Ski Center has gotten a lot of positive reviews from DCSki readers over the years. (And I had my last pair of boots fitted there.)

- Scott
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
September 13, 2004
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
The Ski Haus in Glen Burnie is where I have found some great bargains. DC prices tend to be higher.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
September 14, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Brian Eardley at Ski Center is the man to see. He fitted my friend for boots last year, and that friend did nothing but sing praises for Brian months after the event. Because Brian gets extremely busy on weekends, it is best to catch him midweek--my friend took time off from work to get a midweek appointment.
snowcone
September 14, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Ski Center and Brian are the best in the area. If you are looking for top end equipment, and the best boot fitters south of Stowe and east of SLC, there are none better, but be aware that you must have an appointment for fitting. I recommend you get an appointment early on, September or October, as soon as the new boots are in. During the months leading up to holidays the 'Brians' of Ski Center are fully booked and it's not uncommon to wait 2 weeks for a fitting. Best is to book an appointment during a work day when the shop is not busy ... evenings and weekends are full contact.
jimmy
September 14, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Does Ski Center do foot beds?
EasternSkiBum
September 14, 2004
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
Quote:

Does Ski Center do foot beds?

Of course they do footbeds. Not just one type either. They will also do true canting and alignments. As well as stretching, grinding, etc... to shells. Whatever it takes to make a boot fit.

BTW.... Ski Haus in Annapolis, and Glen Burnie are the same ownership. Although they may have slightly different merchandising??

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?